Warmth: Diluc

Requested by @TheOneleadAstray
I hope you enjoy!

•••

"I can't believe you joined the Knights of Favonius, they're so inefficient," Diluc grumbled as you both stepped through the thick snow and up the Dragonspine Mountains.

"I can't believe you didn't." You mumbled knowing that Diluc wouldn't hear due to the heavy wind. The two of you were searching for another Cryo Abyss Mage. It was actually only Diluc's mission, but he dragged you along so you could carry supplies.

It was cold. The laughing wind crept up to you, following you up the mountains, hissing at the warmth of your body. The cold readied to strike at you with its poisonous venom like a snake. Your heart was pumping slower due to the icy frost burning your body. You were still frozen in your tracks and unable to move. Your face was purple and your lips were blue. Your body craved warmth and screamed for help. But alas, no one heard.

Diluc continued walking, not worrying about a thing. You didn't want to become useless to him, so you kept walking, only a bit slower than before.

But of course, he noticed eventually. Your breathing became heavier and you were shivering. "Y/N." He hurriedly said and gently grabbed your hand, leading you up the mountain, searching for a small cave or anything else that would keep you alive. It looked as if you were about to freeze to death.

Diluc didn't say much, he just tried his best to help you. Despite having an intense personality and not caring for idle talk, he was caring.

The sky became darker and the air was colder than before. The surrounding trees blocked every last bit of sunlight. Yet, not a single cave could be seen.

So, Diluc pulled you towards a tall pine tree and picked up a few branches that had fallen from it. You sat down, setting the supplies next to you as you took more deep breaths.

Diluc started a fire, watching you shiver out of the corner of his eye. He didn't say anything, after all, what was he supposed to say? What was he even supposed to do? Wasn't it his fault that you were now close to freezing to death?

He sighed and took off his jacket, and wrapped it around you like a blanket. With purple lips tinged with blue and gently chattering teeth, you wrapped the thick coat around yourself tighter.

"Won't you be cold?" You asked.

"I'm a lot warmer than you think." He replied. Was it because of his vision? "For now, just try to sleep. It should be a bit warmer in the morning."

You listened to him and closed your eyes. You were now warmer than before, with a fire in front of you and a jacket wrapped around your body. You slowly drift off to dreamland. Diluc reaches out to you and grabs your cold hand, spreading the warmth in his to yours.

'It could be sometime before I am with the world again,' you think.

•••

I hope you enjoyed this, I had a dream last night where something similar happened.
I've rerolled like 20 times for Venti, and I finally got him, but now I need to play through the story again ><
I hope you enjoyed this oneshot!