Playing Dumb

!!TW: Abuse!!

{Clay's POV}

————

I ended up staying in the nurses office with George and the nurse. I'm not completely sure why she didn't ask my to leave but I didn't mind, after all, a friend of my friend just passed out by bumping into me. I looked over at George as I was sitting at the end of the bed he was on. Unlike the other times we made eye contact, George didn't look away this time, but instead just stared at me and then fell asleep. After about 20 minutes of being in the nurses office, George's mom came to pick him up. The nurse had called her and told her what happened. George was still asleep by now, so when his mom walked into the office, I figured I'd wake him up.

"George" I said, shaking him a bit.

"Hmm-" he mumbled. It was obvious that he was tired. I mean I would be too if had just hit my head and passed out afterwards.

"George, wake up your mom is here" I told him. Shaking him again.

This seemed to wake him up. His eyes opened, slowly, but they opened. He looked at me before sitting up and looking behind him to see his mom talking to the nurse.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, causing him to turn around and look at me.

It took him a moment to respond, "Better-" he said

"Try and take it easy when you get home, it will help" I suggested.

He nodded but it seemed like he was thinking again. His mom turned around to face him.

"Are you ready to head home?" She asked, which made George snap out of his thoughts and look at her.

He nodded silently. Probably because his head still hurt or he just didn't feel like talking. As he went to get up, he almost fell, luckily, I grabbed his hand and pulled him back a bit. I could see that his face was a bright pink, similar to how he looked in the hall, but I didn't think anything of it. He continued to get up and him and his mom headed out, me following, but heading back to the library. As I was walking, I turned back to see him and his mom leaving, pulling out of the parking spot and down the road. I felt bad that he was most likely in pain after all that had happened. But he also got to skip a whole day of school, so he was lucky.
————
{George's POV}
————
When my mom and I got in the car, she immediately turned and looked at me, starting to ask questions.

'Are you ok?'
'Does your head still hurt?'
'How long were you passed out for?'
'Who was that boy?'
'How did you bump into him on accident?'

"Mom, calm down, I'm fine" I said, answering her first question.

She just nodded in response, while starting up the car.

"Obviously my head still hurts-" I continued "I'm not sure how long I was passed out for"

She nodded again, now pulling out of the parking spot.

"The boy, Clay, is my cr-"I stopped when I realized what I was about to say. If my mom knew I had a crush on a boy, I don't think she would ever stop bugging me. God I don't even know if she supports me, seeing that I haven't even come out yet.

"My uhm, friend-" I finished, trying not to make it obvious. Thankfully, my mom being the oblivious human she is, didn't know I was lying.

She nodded yet again, with a slight 'mhm'.

"But how did you bump into him on accident?" She asked