Chapter 18

Two Weeks Later

Once I let the 'wall' down a little and let T'Challa in and I was having more feelings then I care to admit. After dinner we would go for a walk in Ramonda's garden and we would just talk I let him in a little more telling him a little bit about my family and he talked about his father I can tell he really missed him and had a really hard time being King sometimes. So I talked him through it the best I could but I've never had the weight of a nation on my back in that way so I would just sit and listen.

If only everything was going as good Shuri and I were no closer to figuring out hoe to get the mind control out of Bucky's brain. So, he brought up the idea of being frozen again I talked it over with Shuri and can and has been done here. Tonight, we were going to put him under and Shuri was going to keep the book and keep working. Once this was done the elders were expecting us to leave, but I wasn't so ready to go as I was two weeks ago.

T'Challa

Barnes was going under later tonight and I kept thinking of ways to stall it. I didn't want her to go, the storm goddess with the beautiful grey eyes, and brown hair she changed it even thought I told her she looked perfect with her natural white hair. She slowly consumed all my waking thoughts; it did scare me a little how fast we were moving. I knew there was something was still holding her back, I talked to her every day and she opened a little more but not much. I meant what I said I want to be with her and to help her heal from whatever pain she was holding onto.

That's how I found myself standing above Shuri's lab watching them talk and they laughed at something Shuri said. I loved that they got along so well, Ayesha had been Shuri's hero ever since she came forward as apart of the Avengers. Shuri loved that there was powerful female superhero that also looked like her, it meant a lot to her.

"Looking for something?" I turned to see my mom walking over to stand next me then she looked down

"Or should I say someone." She asked with a smile

"Mother."

"You really like her, don't you?" She asked and I nodded with a small smile

"Yes,"

"She's sweetheart, very smart, beautiful, she would make a great queen."

"Mama she's only been her for two weeks."

"So? You father and I met- "

"And married in a month I know."

"And we were happy and had two beautiful children, and no regrets."

"I care about her a lot, but I also have other responsibilities and other people to answer to."

"You are a king you answer to no one."

"As king it is also my job to keep my people safe and happy, they elder would never allow this."

"Leave those old windbags to me, things have a way working themselves out, you just have to take the chance when they are in front of you. You are a man before a king and a man has to live his life and I want you to be happy."

"I hear you mama but she still so guarded."

"She's been through a lot in her life, you have to give her time and show her you care and that you're not going anywhere." She said and I looked down and saw that beautiful smile I was coming to love

Barnes was now on ice I stood next to Shuri as she monitored his brain waves and heart,

"He's holding steady," She told me then I walked over to Captain Rodgers

"Thank you doing this,"

"You friend and my father were both victims, I can only hope I helped him find the peace my father has."

"You know if they know he's here they will come for him."

"Let them try."

"We will be out of here in the morning,"

"I know." I said not liking the thought of seeing Ayesha leave

"I would be ok if you asked her to stay, as a team I mean we would manage." He said then shook my hand and walked away, I walked off to find her she was in the office and had a few notebooks in her hand

"I hope you're not stealing." I teased as she jumped lightly

"No, I'm just packing up my stuff, we leave in the morning."

"I know, come on let's take our walk."

"It's a little early,"

"Well your leaving tomorrow so that doesn't give us much time."

"Well that's a very compelling argument your highness." She said taking my hand and we walked out of the lab. We walked to the garden which had become our space to be together. We sat by the hydrangeas; I could tell they were her favorite from the way she smiled whenever she looked at them

"Do you like it here?" I asked and she gave me a look

"I do, but you know that." She said with a small smile

"If I asked you to stay, would you?' I asked taking her hand then kissed it as she looked at me in shock

"W-what?"

"I want you to stay here in Wakanda with me, so we can give us a real chance."

"Wow really?" she asked I chuckled and nodded

"Yes."

"I can't abandon my team, and beside what would the elders say? That hate us."

"Leave the elders to mom she knows how to deal with them and as for your team they are very resourceful I'm sure they can survive without you."

"And what would I do here? I can't be a queen! I'm just a girl from D.C."

"You and I both know you are way more than just some girl from D.C. and we're still taking it slow I can get you a job at our hospital, you are one of the best surgeons in the world you would be welcomed."

"This is a lot to think about, because eventually you are going to want to get married, and maybe have kids but I don't but I've never visioned my life would turn out that way."

"That is because you never given yourself a chance to, you keep up the wall and you run. That's what your trying to do now but I won't let you. You don't have to run away from me Ayesha." I said cupping her cheek she leaned into my hand and closed her eyes I could tell she was thinking. Just then my kimoyo beads chirped I sighed as she pulled away and I looked at the beads it was a message from the river tribe

"I have to go." I said

"It's ok." She said and I pressed a kiss to her lips

"We're not done talking about this," I said then I left her in the garden