VIII. THE FALLEN BROTHER

The six of us arrive back on Asgard to find Heimdall laying unconscious

"Get him to the Healing room." Thor ordered before Lady Sif and the Warriors Three rushed towards Heimdall. "Leave our brother to us." Thor grabbed my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He spun Mjolnir and sent us flying towards the castle.

          We flew into a balcony and landed inside the palace. Thor and I began rushing through the hallways, searching for Loki. "Where is he?" Thor asked as we continued walking.

"This way." I turned a corner, leading Thor to Father's chambers where I hoped to find Loki.

"I swear to you, Mother, that they will pay for what they've done today." I heard from Father's chambers. Yep, just as I thought.

"Loki." Thor and I came into Mother and Loki's view at the doorway.

"Thor! I knew you'd return to us." Mother embraced Thor in a hug, reuniting with her son again. She then wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Iduna, you're suppose to be in Vanaheim." Mother gave me a confused look.

"Why don't you tell her how you sent the Destroyer to kill our friends, to kill me? And how you sold our sister off to be betrothed?" Thor walked towards the opposite of where Loki stood.

"What?" Mother questioned before turning her gaze towards me. I simply give a gentle nod, confirming that Thor's words were true.

"Why, it must have been enforcing Father's last command, and I was only ensuring the safety of Iduna."

"You're a talented liar, Brother. Always have been."

"It's good to have you back. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to destroy Jotunheim." Before I could process what Loki said, he sent a blast from his staff towards Thor, sending him crashing through the wall and falling from the palace.

"No!" I ran towards the damaged wall and looked through the hole, trying to find Thor. I saw Loki start to leave the room, so I followed him. "Loki, stop!"

"Guards, take the princess to her chambers, and keep her there." Loki ordered as he continued walking out to the hallway, with his back turned towards me.

"Loki!" Mother called out, but he ignored her. Two guards came and each grabbed my arms. I tried fighting back but I was still regaining my energy after Midgard.

"Don't do this, Loki! Please!" I cried out as the guards dragged me across the hall. I continued to struggle and squirm, but I couldn't get out of their grip. My chambers finally came into sight as the two guards opened the doors and shoved me inside.

          I tried running out but the doors were slammed in my face and locked from the outside. "Let me out!" I pounded my fists on the doors. "Let me go!"