III | Drowning in Boredom

Vanessa's POV

Vanessa's POV

One tree. Two trees. 

I'm bored.

Three trees. Four trees.

I'm bored.

That was what I was chanting in my mind when we were on the way to the house. We had spent the previous night in a hotel because we landed at midnight. I didn't really care why, I just wanted to sleep. And the best thing was that I didn't have to wake up early in the morning. 

"I'm bored," I announced with an overdramatic sigh, turning towards my siblings in the SUV. Vlad had a laptop on his lap, a frown resting on his face. While my twin was looking out of the windows, watching the trees as if they were the most beautiful thing out there.

Huh, I couldn't imagine.

"I am bored," I repeated when I was ignored by both of them.

People are so rude nowadays.

Essa turned towards me. "Okay, now tell me something new." She leaned her head on the window, her eyes were droopy. Essa's a weird creature. She was a morning person.

"Why are you so tired?"

Her lips twitched up as if she was going to do something that would amuse her. Uh, excuse me, I was the bored one here. "Desynchronosis," she replied.

I furrowed my eyebrows but then soon glared at her. "Speak English."

"I am," she shrugged, a smile playing on her lips making me roll my eyes. 

"She means jet lag," Vlad said, his eyes finally leaving his laptop.

"Oh," I mumbled. "Could've just said it."

She hummed, closing her eyes. Woah, she really was sleepy. This was weird, but hey I was not complaining. I could use this whenever she tries to wake me early.

"See this is where my 'I-can-sleep-wherever-and-whenever' superpower comes in use." I beamed at her. Was this putting salt on her wounds? If yes, it was fun.

"That's just called being lazy," she deadpanned.

"Eh," I shrugged nonchalantly. "Believe what you wanna at least I don't have 'desy-whatever'."

Essa opened her mouth to say something but Vlad beat her to it. "Adessa, you can rest if you want to, we still have around half an hour. And Vanessa, stop trying to annoy her to entertain yourself."

I pursed my lips and hummed. "But where's the fun in that?"

I was received with silence. Pure, terrorizing silence. Pure, terrorizing boring silence. My shoulder slumped as I trailed my gaze outside again.

I was drowning. I was drowning deeper and deeper in boredom, it was suffocating me. I turned to my siblings again only to see them engrossed in their own world.