Ch. 3 - The Chicken Killer

So many chickens, sometimes 5 a day, were killed in front of me, but I wouldn't kill a chicken. I couldn't. So, each day I watched how many different ways a man I call The Chicken Killer could kill the chickens. He did it with no emotion and no care, and I cried for each and every one of them. It was chicken 78 as he strangled it, I cried. He threw the chicken to the side and crouched down to my level. It was the first time The Chicken Killer was talking to me. "Kid, if you kill a chicken, all of this will stop." I shake my head, tears streaming down my face.

"I-I -hic- can't," I sob.

"And why not?" He asks, emotion still minimal.

"B-b-because -hic- it's a-li-i-ive."

"Yet the chicken you eat use to be alive."

"B-but I do-on't w-watch -hic- them d-i-ie." The Chicken Killer sighs and shakes his head. The door opens and Master comes in to chain and muzzle me again. He throws me in my cage in the basement, and I fall asleep. It's all I do. Makes friends with the chickens, calming them before their inevitable death, watching them die, and back into the cage. Food would be given if I was lucky, but it's been a week since I last had food. I awoke to someone kicking my cage and I crawl out and transform, I'm taken to the Chicken room with The Chicken Killer, and I am given a chicken. I pull him in my lap and pet it to sleep. As it clicks peacefully, the chicken man rips him from my lap and kills it by plunging his hand threw it's center. I just stare and sadly look away, saying a small prayer for chicken 79. The Chicken killer tosses chicken 79 to the side and chicken 80 is let into the room. I do the same to chicken 80. Calm it, let it sleep, and pet it in its sleep. They'll be ripped from my lap and killed, I'll look away and say a prayer. I have no more tears. I can't cry anymore. Chicken 81, calm, sleep, pet, ripped, dead, look away, and prayer. Chicken 82, rinse and repeat. That was it for the day. The entire day was spent like that, with 4 chickens and The Chicken Killer. I'm sent back to my cage. Repeat another day. And another. And another. Day 26 with the chickens and I can't take it anymore. I don't want them to die anymore. If it's just one chicken... I walk slowly to my impending doom, and the door to the chicken room opens with The Chicken Killer already inside. The muzzle and chains are removed and the door is closed. A chicken is let inside. I calm it and pet it to sleep. As its sleeps, I start to cry. I know what I have to do, if it will stop the brutal deaths of the chickens. Chicken 99, sleeps as I wrap my hands around it's neck. Its death will be painless. It will be dead before it even knows. I start to put pressure around its neck and strangle it to death. The chicken wakes up and freaks out, so do I. I snap it's neck in fright. Chicken 99, the chicken I killed. The Chicken Killer looks at me shocked as tears roll down my face.

"I-I didn't m-ean t-to. I -hic- I-," I sob. The Chicken Killer picks up the chicken and examines it. Sure enough, it's dead. The Chicken Killer places the chicken down gently and holds his hands together in what seemed to be prayer. He ten goes over to me and gives me a hug. This emotionless man, who's killed 97 chickens, was showing caring signs. I sobbed in his arms, I didn't understand how he could do it.

"The first kill is always the hardest," he whispers. The door slams open the the man picks me up in his arms, Master comes in with a huge grin on his face. "Look who's having chicken for dinner tonight," he cheers. But I didn't want chicken, I wanted to go to sleep and never wake up. Master takes me in his arms and tosses me in the air in celebration. I hated it. He carried me to the dinning room and sets me in a seat, that's a first, and pre-perpared chicken was laid in frount of me. Golden chicken skin and soft breasts. It look delicious to most, but I only wanted to throw up. I wonder which chicken this was. Was this Mr.Chicken? Chicken 65, 48, 33? There were 98 possibilities of who this could be and I didn't want to eat them. Dog need meat, but I didn't want any, I'd rather starve. I didn't eat the chicken, I just sat and looked at it with Master trying to get me to eat. He got mad and gave up in the end, and shoved me in my cage, without the muzzle though. I was grateful for that. I sat in the cage, not sleeping, I couldn't with Chicken 99 in my head. I really killed him. I killed an animal. I was a killer. How did people do this for a living, killing animals? Then again they died more humanly, not with their necks being snapped. I cried silently when the door opened and light poured in. It was kept open when the door to my cage opened and I was gently pulled out. It was The Chicken Killer, and he had a bowl of something with him.

"Come on buddy, I brought you some fruits to eat," he said quietly. I looked away, I didn't want to eat, I killed chicken 99. "I know your sad, but you gotta stay alive. All of those other chickens wouldn't want you to die."

"But number 99 would," I whine.

"You counted the chickens?" He asked. I nodded in response. He sat down and places my pup form in his lap. "Just have one, please," he begged. I turn into a human and take the grape he was holding. It was pretty good. "How about an apple?" I took the apple slice and munched down. Its been so long since I've had savory food. The Chicken Killer managed to get me to eat the entire bowl and I was grateful. He places me back in the cage gentfully. "Have a goodnight pup, alright. I nod him a goodbye and fell asleep. Thank you Chicken Killer.