| NINETEEN |

Oliver was quiet for a few moments and then, he chirped, and the lost moved accordingly. I watched as they surrounded the boys. I pulled away, but Oliver yanked me back, tutting lowly against my jaw as he pressed a kiss to the exposed skin. I barely paid any attention to it, though, watching as the lost restrained the boys. Marko and David were both able to get a few punches in before they were pulled to the ground. Dwayne went willingly, not wanting to put up a fight yet; they just pulled his arms behind his back. He met my eyes and gave me a reassuring nod. Paul didn't take his eyes off of my neck, watching as Oliver pressed kisses to the column of my throat, so he didn't put up much of a fight when they tied his hands behind his back.

"Goddamnit," I heard Marko yell out, "get off of her!"

Oliver laughed. "Pathetic. And you're in love with them?"

I let out a deep breath. 'How do we win, boys? How do we kill him? Do we even know, or are we fighting a lost cause?'

Oliver's tongue ran up my neck. I wanted to throw up. Doubt was setting in along with fear. What would happen if we lost? What would he do? How could I make it without my boys?

Marko was the first to respond. 'You have to get him in the fire. The same fire that turns you into one of them can kill them forever.'

'Are you actually restrained, or is that a disguise?'

Oliver cut my thought process by knocking out my knees from underneath me. God, I was tired of falling to the ground. I was on my knees, and his hand clutched my hair roughly.

David spoke. 'It's a guise, Ivy. We're not weak enough to not fend off a few of these idiots. The only real challenge is Oliver. The others barely know their powers from what we can tell.'

Oliver crouched down to my level. "You're talking to them, aren't you?" He kicked my back, throwing me fully to the ground. "I should know. Your eyes gloss over when there's someone in your head- I've done it enough times to tell." He pushed his nose into my hair and sniffed loudly. "You smell so nice. I'm going to miss that when you're dead." He pulled my head off the ground and pointed it so I was facing Marko whose head was also pulled up to face me. "Might as well say your goodbyes before you throw them in. I'm sure he'll miss this pretty, little face."

Marko's face was alight with anger. He was shaking; I could see it from here. I didn't even know what to say even though I knew Oliver wanted me to speak.

"Aw," Oliver cooed, "nothing? No goodbye's or tragic 'I love you's? I was really looking forward to something to laugh at, but if you won't make a move," he trailed off, chirped, and David was pulled up and towards me. "Might as well start with the head dog, right?" He pulled me to my feet, making it to where David and I were face to face with each other. His eyes were cold, trying to not let any of his plans show through. At least, I hoped he had plans. I surely didn't.

I didn't, and then I did. 'David,' I whispered, 'you can kill them quickly, right?'

'In only a few seconds, Ivy.'

'Okay, don't look, please.'

His eyes turned questioning, but I refused to look for long because I turned to Oliver and whispered his name. He smiled at me softly, humming a question. "Ready to comply?"

I nodded, and then, I did what I really did not want to do. I leaned forward and kissed him.

Oliver froze completely, his face curling in confusion before he kissed back feverishly. His hands gripped my waist harshly, kissing me sloppily, a rough, open-mouthed kiss. It was disgusting, but it distracted him enough for David to throw the others into the fire. I heard their screams after only a few seconds, and Oliver pulled away in response, confused. "Wha-"