=Chapter 1=

I was standing in the garden with Mai while Azula did a cartwheel but she fell and her butt. I stifled a laugh as Ty Lee did a perfect cartwheel and then a flip landing perfectly but Azula pushed onto the ground. I helper her up.

"Azula!" she wined, then looked at me and said, " Thank you, y/n!" with a big smile as prince Zuko walked by with his mother Ursa. I blushed and so did Mai. I blush so much when I see him at this point I think he thinks my face is just naturally pink.

Azula whispered something to Ty Lee and ran over to them and said, "Mom, can you make Zuzu play with us? We need five people to play the game!"

"I am not cartwheeling!" Zuko said angrily. They kept arguing for a bit until Ursa made Zuko join us. I was looking at the ground, my face still red.

" Here's the way it goes." she said well picking an apple from the tree." Now what you do is try to knock the apple off the other persons head." she motioned for me to stand in front of the fountain. I complied she grabbed my chin forcing me to look up as she put the apple on my head. " like this." she took two fingers and shout fire at the apple setting it on fire. Zuko ran to get the apple but he tripped sending us both into the water. he landed on top of me and Mai ran to help us up but Azula tripped her and she fell onto us.  

"See I told you it would work!" Azula Shouted

 " who do you think would be cuter with Zuko?" Ty Lee asked her. 

 My face was bright red and so was Mai's. We were all soaking wet.  "YOU TWO ARE SUCH- UGH!" Mai shouted. 

Zuko stormed off, and yelled, "GIRLS ARE CRAZY!" 

----------------------------------------

The royal family received a letter from general Iroh. He sent gifts to Zuko and Azula. Zuko got a pearl dagger it was inscribed with the words " Never give up without a fight." Azula got a beautiful doll. she didn't look impressed. 

"If uncle doesn't make it back from the war then dad would be next in line to become fire lord, wouldn't he?" said Azula

"Azula we don't speak that way!" Ursa scolded. " it would be awful if uncle Iroh Didn't return!" Zuko wasn't really paying attention. I watched him as he played with his dagger. " and besides Fire Lord Azulon is a picture of health."

Zuko turned around and said, " how would you like it if cousin Lu Ten wanted dad to die?" 

"I still think our dad would make a much better fire lord than his tea-loving kooky-ness," said Azula. I couldn't help but laugh, he does love tea. Zuko looked at me and gave me a small smile. then Azula threw her doll on the floor.                                                                                                  

after she left the room I walked to the corner and picked up the doll. It had been dressed in tiny earth kingdom clothes. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "what are you doing over there?" I jumped and swiftly wiped the tear away. It was Zuko. He was right behind me. 

I bowed, " Sorry Prince Zuko! I-uh was picking this up for uh A-luza." I stumbled over my words. 

"You should keep it," he said smiling. I could feel my cheeks getting warmer. "She doesn't even really like dolls."

"No... I shouldn't." I said holding the doll in front of me.

"Well aren't you from the earth kingdom?" he replied, " Keep it." He pushed my hand towards me gently. " please?" I nodded and looked into his golden eyes. they were kind and soft. I hugged him he seemed a little taken aback then he relaxed.