=Chapter 24=

After lots of walking and riding, we made it a temple. At first, we didn't see it but thanks to Aang and Toph we found it. It was built into the side of the ravine. 

"It's so different from the Northern Air Temple. I wonder if there are any secret rooms?" Tao wondered out loud.

"Let's go check it out!" Haru beckoned to me. I started to walk toward him but Katara grabbed my hand to stop me. I gave her a pleading look and she let go. I ran to follow my brother.  I raced the Duke through the temple. I felt a familiar feeling of being watched but shrugged it off. We all explored the beautiful temple. Zuko did not do this place justice in his letters.  I looked over the edge of the railing to see Aang on his glider followed closely by Appa and the gang. 

"Haru! Come here!" I shouted and my brother did as I said. I used earthbending to get to the other side of the ravine. He followed. "It's a stunning view," He nodded. I noticed Appa had landed. Haru and I dangled our feet off the ledge. I could barely see the people that stood on the other side. 

"Is it just me or is there an extra person over there?" Haru asked. 

I shrugged. "It looks like it but it's too far away to tell," I nudged him with my elbow. "So..." I smirked. "You seem to know Katara pretty... well," 

He blushed, "Y/n!" I laughed so loud it echoed through the whole cavern. After a bit, he laughed too.  After I caught my breath I heard yelling and someone seemed to have fallen onto the floor. Haru and I rushed back but when we got there the person was gone. 

"What happened?" I asked as I landed on solid ground. No one answered me.

"Anyway, when Zhao had me chained up, it was Zuko who came in and got me out. He risked his life to save me." Aang said to Toph and the siblings. I felt a pang in my chest when he said his name.

"No way! I'm sure he only did it so he could capture you himself!" Katara argued. 

"Yeah, face it Aang, you're nothing but a big prize to him," Sokka rolled his eyes.

"You're probably right," Aang frowned.

"And what was all that crazy stuff about setting Appa free? What a liar!" Katara groaned.

"He did set Appa free," They all turned to look at me in shock.     

  "She's right. He wasn't lying," Toh backed me up.

"Oh, hooray! In a lifetime of evil, at least he didn't add animal cruelty to the list," Sokka said sarcastically. 

"I'm just saying that considering his messed-up family and how he was raised, he could have turned out a lot worse," Toph said defensively. 

I nodded, "We've all met Azula," 

"You're right, Toph! Let's go find him and give him a medal. The 'not as much of a jerk as you could have been' award!" Katara said sarcastically. 

"Why are you guys talking about him anyway?" I asked. 

"That little snake tried to trick us into letting him join us," Sokka explained. 

"Oh, This is for you," Sokka rolled his eyes as Aang held something out in his hand. "He told me to give it to you," I looked down at his hand to see a single pink lily. 

I took it in my hands. "Oh, Zuko..." I breathed. They continued arguing but I just stood there in shock.  Has Zuko actually come to his senses? I walked to my room and lay on my bed still holding the flower my other hand on the ruby necklace I had tucked under my shirt. I sighed. I felt a cold chill run down my spine. 

I woke up to the sound of yelling. I burst out of my room. The was an explosion. My eyes followed the trail to see combustion man and next to him was Zuko. Zuko was yelling at him trying to get him to stop attacking. But he didn't listen. 

He got knocked off the ledge. "ZUKO!" I screamed in horror. But he clinged on to a vine. Sokka hit Combustion man right in the third eye making him blow himself up.      

"Listen, I know I didn't explain myself very well yesterday," Zuko walked up to us, "I've been through a lot in the last few years, and it's been hard. But I'm realizing that I had to go through all those things to learn the truth. I thought I had lost my honor, and that somehow my father could return it to me. But I know now that no one can give you your honor. It's something you earn for yourself, by choosing to do what's right. All I want to do now is play my part in ending this war, and I know my destiny is to help you restore balance to the world." He turned to Toph, "I'm sorry for what I did to you." He bowed to her,  "It was an accident. Fire can be dangerous and wild, so as a firebender, I need to be more careful and control my bending, so I don't hurt people unintentionally," 

"I think you are supposed to be my firebending teacher. When I first tried to learn firebending, I burned Katara, and after that, I never wanted to firebend again. But now I know you understand how easy it is to hurt the people you love. I'd like you to teach me," Aang smiled. Katara looked shocked.

"Thank you. I'm so happy you've accepted me into your group," Zuko bowed. I looked over to Aang. I could feel Zuko's eyes on me.

"Not so fast. I still have to ask my friends if it's okay with them.Toph, you're the one that Zuko burned. What do you think?" Aang turned to her. 

"Go ahead and let him join," She Pounded her fist into her palm jokingly. "It'll give me plenty of time to get back at him for burning my feet," I laughed lightly.

"Sokka?" He turned to him.

 "Hey, all I want is to defeat the Fire Lord. If you think this is the way to do it, then, I'm all for it." He shrugged. 

"Katara?" He turned to her.

She glared at Zuko. "I'll go along with whatever you think is right," Her faced truned soft when she looked at Aang. 

"Y/n?" I could feel every ones eyes on me. I nodded once. 

"I won't let you down! I promise!" Zuko said excitedly. I couldn't help but smile.

"You can have the room next to Y/n!" Aang smiled widely. I shot him a look and he just winked at me. I facepalmed. Sokka went to show Zuko his room.

After a bit of pacing around my room I went to talk to him. I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I did as he said. He looked at little shaken up but he smiled when he saw it was me. "Y/n," I hugged him tightly. 

"I'm proud of you, Zuko," His body was so warm. I pulled away and walked out of the room. I sighed. This is gonna awkward. 

A/N:

AHH YAY ZADDY'S BACK!