1

Once, mankind accepted a simple truth, that they were not alone in this universe. Some worlds, man believed to be home to their Gods. Others, they knew to fear.

From a realm of cold and darkness came the Frost Giants, threatening to plunge the mortal world into a new ice age.

But humanity would not face this threat alone.

Asgardian armies drove the Frost Giants back into the heart of their own world.

The cost was great. In the end, their king fell. And the source of their power was taken from them.

With the last great war ended, they withdrew from the other worlds and returned home to the Realm Eternal, Asgard.

Asgard

The ruler of Asgard, Odin, walked through a hall that led to the Casket of Ancient Winters as he looked down at two little children, one on each side of him.

One boy, who had slightly long blonde hair, blue glimmering eyes, and wore a blue shirt with a brown and dark-blue vest.

Then a girl, whose dark brown hair went past her shoulders, had light blue eyes, and wore a long green-blue medieval dress, with gold fabric on the outlines and black fabric in the middle. He smiled at the two, as the two looked like their fathers.

The boy was Triston, the son of Thor & Lady Sif, though his parents weren't together, they were great friends. And the girl was Lidianna, the daughter of Loki. Her mother was unknown. All she knew was her father, and that's all she cared for.

The two children looked at their grandfather in curiosity. "Here we remain as a beacon of hope, shiny out across the stars. And though we have fallen into man's myths and legends, it was Asgard and it's warriors that brought peace to the universe," Odin told them before they came to a stop to look at the Casket of Ancient Winters, which the children stared at. "But the day will come when one of your fathers will have to defend that peace. Then one of you, after them," Odin continued as he stood in front of the Casket of Ancient Winters and turned to the children.

"Do the Frost Giants still live?" Lidianna asked in wonder.

"When my father is King, He'll hunt the monsters down and slay them all with me by his side! Just as you did, Grandfather," Triston said with confidence that annoyed Lidianna.

"You say When but it is If. My father could be king and do the exact thing," Lidianna said.

"A wise king never seeks out war. But, he must always be ready for it," Odin said before he started to walk away, towards the doors of the hall. The two children looked at each other and smiled before running after their grandfather.

"I'm ready, Grandfather," Lidianna said.

"So am I," Triston said and Odin smiled at them.

"Only one of you can ascend to the throne, just like your fathers. But both of you were born to be leaders," Odin told them and the children smiled.

Over 500 Years Later
Odin's Palace

The palace rose countless stories tall, gleaming with an other-wordly majesty, towering high above the Realm sprawled out before it.

From a large window of the palace, stood Odin Allfather, as he stared out on his kingdom. He then turned away and faced his wife, Frigga, who was sitting down at a vanity as she tried different earrings on. "Do you think he's ready?" Odin asked.

The Asgardians {𝟛} | Marvel √जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें