9

Smith Motors
Lab

Jane stood with Erik & Darcy in the empty lab as Triston stood in the back. Darcy picked up the book Erik checked out of the library and looked through it. "We can't just leave him there," Jane said.

"Why not?" Erik asked.

"First off, Triston still needs his father," Jane said, glancing back at Triston. "Second off, you didn't see what happened."

Then Darcy pointed at an illustration of Thor's hammer in the book. "Hey! Myeu-muh!" Darcy exclaimed as Triston eyed the girl oddly. Jane looked at the illustration in the book, then turned to Erik knowingly.

"Where did you find this?" Jane asked them Erik grabbed the book from them.

"In the children's section. I wanted to show you how ridiculous their story was," Erik said.

"It's not ridiculous," Triston said and everyone looked at him. "Those stories you speak of are true."

"Aren't you the one who's always told me to chase down all leads, all possibilities?" Jane asked Erik.

"I was talking about science, not magic!" Erik exclaimed.

"Magic's just science we don't understand yet. Arthur C. Clarke," Jane said.

"Who wrote science fiction," Erik said.

"The precursor of science fact," Jane said.

"In some cases," Erik said as Triston just stared at them in utter confusion.

"If that's really an Einstein-Rosen Bridge out there, then there's something on the other side. Advanced being could have come through it before," Jane said before she looked at Triston, who slightly smiled at her for believing him.

"A primitive culture like the Vikings might have worshipped them as deities," Darcy said and they all gave her a look, surprised by her unexpectedly insightful input.

"When my father was a boy, he would often come to Earth and humans would worship him and my Grandfather," Triston explained.

"See!" Jane exclaimed.

"Jane, if you do this, you'll find yourself in a situation that I won't be able to get you out of this time," Erik said and Triston walked up next to Jane.

"I'll help her," Triston said.

"Me too," Darcy said and Jane looked grateful. Erik looked at her, and saw there was no stopping her.

SHIELD Base
Holding Cell

Thor sat in a chair, staring forward blankly, hands cuffed behind him as Phill stood across from him. "It's not easy to do what you did. You made us all look like a bunch of mall cops. That's hurtful," Phill said. "The men you so easily subdued are highly-trained professionals, and in my experience, it takes someone who's received similar training to do what you did to them. Would you like to tell me where you received your training?" But Thor sat silently. "Pakistan? Chechnya? Afghanistan? Then again, you strike me more as the soldier of fortune type. What was it, South Africa?" Thor still didn't answer so Phill leaned in close to him. "Certain groups pay well for a good mercenary. Especially HYDRA." Phill waited for a response but got none. "Who are you?"

"Just a man," Thor finally said.

"One way or another, we find out what we want to know. We're good at that," Phill said before he left the room and Thor lowered his head.

"I thought he'd never leave." Thor looked up, shocked to find Lidianna standing before him, dressed in 21st century attire.