(🌸) .𝟎𝟒 ━ 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Dear Akaashi-kun,

For the past two years that I've known you, I've only seen you smile a handful of times.
And I don't mean those little polite smiles you give everyone, but a real, full-blown smile.
Out of all those times, two of them stuck to me the most.

The first time was when we were still first years. We were in different classes at that time, so the closest I got to you was at our school picnic. I had planned to confess to you that day, but as you can probably already tell that didn't happen. I'd like to say that I grew from them but if I had then I wouldn't be writing this letter instead of telling you this to your face.

But not much I can do about that now. I don't think you noticed me hovering near, pinning for your attention, and now looking back on it I'm really glad you didn't, it was embarrassing. I do remember one thing quite clearly though. At the end of the night when we got to stay out and watch the stars. The moon was shining so brightly, and when I looked at you under it, you looked like an angel, with the moonshine as your halo. That feeling only got stronger when I saw your smile.

You smiled at those stars like they knew all your secrets And at that moment I was envious. Because I wished you'd smile at me that way too.

The second time was a few months ago when we had to prepare for the school festival. You and I stayed back to hang up some last-minute decorations and instead of waiting for you, I tried to hang some of them myself. I ended up embarrassing myself when I fell from that godforsaken desk, but it was all worth it when I saw your face. It was there again, that heart-stopping angelic smile. You tried to hide it while you helped me, but of course, my dumbass was too busy staring at you and ended up tumbling down again. Was it worth it since I got to see your smile? Absolutely.

̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶?̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶;̶)̶
Ok, that was awful. Ignore it

P.S. You seem to really like the candy I made for you. I'll leave you my recipe next time. (●'◡'●)

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"Is that your mysterious admirer again?"

Akaashi jumped at the voice, the (f/c) paper of the letter slipping from his fingertips. Before he could pick it back up, Konoha's quick fingers had already retrieved it. He whipped around before Akaashi could grab at it, successfully keeping the letter from his junior as he read it.

"Wow. Some girlfriend you got here Akaashi."

"She's not my girlfriend Konoha-san. I don't even know who she is."

"Well, she seems to know you quite well. Are you sure she isn't one of your friends?"

"I don't have any friends outside of the team." Akaashi deadpanned.

Konoha tried to bite back a laugh as he stared down at the boy. "Oh um. Maybe a classmate then?"

"I have 12 girls in my class. It's not like I can question them one by one."

"Well lucky for you my lovely kouhai, I happen to be a top-class detective. I learned from detective Conan himself."

"Konoha-san, no."

"KONOHA-SAN YES." Before the boy could protest further, Konoha had already skipped around him, now grabbing his shoulders from behind.

"We'll meet after school to discuss all the evidence my young apprentice." he cheered griping Akaashi shoulder and staring wistfully into the distance. Akaashi just rolled his eyes at the theatrics of his senpai before tugging the letter from his grasp and putting it back into his locker.

"Goodbye Konoha-san."

───── ⋆⋅ღ⋅⋆ ─────

Akaashi made it to class just minutes before the bell rang and hurriedly sat down in his new seat beside y/n. Said girl was doodling absentmindedly in her notebook and hadn't noticed his presence until he tapped on her shoulder.

She nearly jumped out of her skin and she turned to face him with wide eyes.

"Sorry for startling you." He chuckled. "I just wanted to say good morning."

Akaashi himself found it odd that he would do such a thing. After all, he was one to avoid communication with others unless he had to. So something as insignificant as a good morning was unusual for him.

Truthfully he just wanted to talk to her. But having the social skills of a mouldy cheese sandwich, a good morning was all he could think of.

To his relief, the timid girl didn't seem to mind his awkward greeting. She beamed up at him and responded with a good morning of her own.

A comfortable silence overcame them as they waited for the teacher to get to class.

Not long after the teacher came bustling in and hurriedly began the Literature Lesson. Akaashi wasn't paying much attention, his mind on his admirer instead. He was actually considering Konoha's offer. As stupid as he found the idea, it was keeping him up at night wondering who this mysterious girl was. And though he hadn't expected it, he was not so in denial to lie and say that he hasn't become somewhat fond of her.

A sudden tap alerted him out of his thoughts. Beautiful (e/c) eyes looked up at him expectantly. "Wanna pair up?" She asked nervously.

He glanced up at the board noticing in bold underlined letters "Group Creative Writing Assignment".

He nodded before raising his hand to inform the teacher that they had formed a group. Though they were allowed to pick groups, the teacher had insisted on providing them with the prompts.

"Unrequited Love."

Akaashi read aloud to his partner. He placed the slip of paper the teacher had given him down on her desk, the contents of in clear sight for her to read for herself. He couldn't help but notice how she seemed to be fidgeting with her pencil and biting her lip a bit. He recognized them as signs of anxiousness.

"You okay with the topic l/n-san?" He asked. The girl hesitated for a bit before finally nodding in response.

"Yeah. It just hit a little too close to home."

© -𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌_𝚋𝚕𝚡𝚌𝚔

© -𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌_𝚋𝚕𝚡𝚌𝚔