Chapter six

Alex woke up early, again, the next morning. He put on some clothe before realizing he left his uncomfortable metal armor in the jungle the other day. He gulped, hoping no one would get mad at him for the simple mistake.

He went downstairs to only find his mother making breakfast. His grandparents either were still asleep or not home. Alex grabbed an apple and was about to head out. "Have some real breakfast sweetie." His mother said, Alex groaned. 'Like you have any right to call me sweetie.' The boy thought but didn't say it out loud. "I need to hurry, mom." He said, not staying to argue anymore.

He left the house, quickly eating the apple and then throwing it into the woods once he was done with it. He made sure he had everything he needed in his bag before walking to the training grounds. Everyone was there, well all the 'pathetic' hunters were. "Good you're here." The blue warrior said, Alex scuffed but only showed his slight frown to the woman.

"Come now." She said, leading the four back into the forest, out of all the hunters Alex looked the most relaxed, even his teacher seemed tense. "How are you so calm?" The blonde hair girl asked the younger boy who shrugged even if he knew the answer. He wasn't scared of the dragons, maybe if he understood Sandknight then maybe he could understand any dragon!

Alex smiled up at the trees as the leaves rustled with birds and other small animals. The woman in front stopped, the sixteen-year-old boy accidentally bumped into her. He received a scowl from the woman.
In front of the teacher was an odd print in the wet mud, rain slowly started to drop from the clouds.

Alex kneeled down to examine the odd marking, it seemed like something was dragged through the mud, then he saw a giant dragon print in the mud, and then claw marks on the trees and small places that were burnt. "Someone had a fight here." The boy whispered; the woman was still looking at the dragged print in the mud.

The boy looked at her and shook his head with a sigh as he stood up, walking over to one of the burnt trees, it's bark a charred black. Alex looked over at the prints and then back at the small group before following the tracks.

He held onto his bags strap, the bag over his shoulder. He looked around and then kept walking. He had his eyes on the tracks, not noticing the pair of eyes following him. He heard the leaves rustle louder and looked up, he still walked though.

The boy squinted his eyes to see if he could see any green or brown scales. Before he could stop or look back down at the tracks, he tripped over something. He fell face first and had mud all over his face, he wiped it off and looked at what he tripped over.

The dead body of a Treelava. He had tripped over its limp tail. Red blood was gushing out of the dragon's long neck, making the oak brown looked more like a bright oak red. Fresh claw marks were on the body, as if the fight wasn't too long ago. Alex slowly went over to the dragon's face, stepping over its huge twig like wings. The dragons face was frozen in horror, its mouth gapped open and its pink tongue lolled out the side of its mouth onto the wet mud. It's yellow grass eyes seemed glazed and wide with the fear of death.

The blue warrior finally decided to follow the tracks, her eyes went wide when he saw the boy standing over a dead dragon, a dragon about ten times his size. "You? You actually killed a dragon." She said, sounded shocked at the sight of a weak boy standing over a limp body. "What? No, it was like this when I came over." Alex said, he did not want to be known for killing dragons.

The woman walked over to the boy and the dragon's body, she kicked it hard in the chest and waited for a reaction, but nothing happened. "You did kill it." She said, looking up at Alex, she looked shocked but that shocked turned into pride. "Alex Peterson killed this dragon!" She shouted, making birds fly out of the tall trees. "No i didn't!" Alex said with a pleading voice.

"Everyone, come here and started stripping this dragon from its scales, you will he wearing dragon scale for now on." The blue armored woman said, patting her own dragon scale armor. Alex looked horrified, the three other hunters came over and started to rip the scales off the dragon's body.

Alex couldn't watch anymore, he ran away from the awful scene, he could hear his teacher shouting after him but be didn't stop running. He jumped over roots and any obstacle that got in his way. He passed by the small stream he sat at yesterday, he ran past tall trees were jungle monkeys sat, mocking the boy.

Alex could see the border line of the desert, the yellow sand drifted in the cool wind. He jumped out of the of the jungle, continuing to run, past the cacti and sand dunes, running farther into the desert and away from those horrible people.

He finally stopped running when the sun was almost at its peak, he was panting and needed water. Luckily, he took some with him. He took his bag off and opened it up, taking out a bottle and drinking from it. He looked around and realized that he couldn't see the ocean or the jungle anywhere, and he couldn't remember which way he came from. He was lost, alone in a place he didn't know.