Bloodshed

Anvil Gate

17 A.E.

Hendrick POV

You were in the armory working on a blueprint idea for a lancer to not use a chainsaw, but a way to help treat those that you connot get to. You just couldnt figure out a way to make it work so you crumbled up the paper and threw it over to a pile of other failures.

Hendrick: *slams fist on workbench* Damnit!

Sam: He's quite persistent.

Clayton: He's been like this after Benjamin died. He keeps on telling himself that he could've saved him.

Cole: His wounds were way too bad for anyone to save him.

Clayton: You were there and you saw it happen. He was never able to see how it looked, only what happened.

Hendrick: I can hear you.

Clayton: We know, now come on give your older brother a goodbye before I go.

You walked over to Clayton

Hendrick: Come back, ok?

Clayton: I'll be with Baird and Cole, I'll be fine. You sure you want to stay at Anvil Gate?

Hendrick: Hoffman needs any medics he can get here at all times, he has no clue whether or not there'll be another attack.

Cole: We'll be sure to take care of him.

Hendrick: When you get to Azura with the reinforcements and you see that bitch. I want her not to even have a second to think before you riddle her with bullets.

Clayton: For Anthony

Hendrick: For benjamin

That last part kept repeating in your head as you were in your dorm back in reality. The door knocked and you told the person to come in. The door opened and it was Monika.

Hendrick: Hey

IQ: Hey, everything alright?

Hendrick: Yea I'm good.

IQ: Something on your mind?

Hendrick: No no, just my brother is all.

IQ: Wasnt it Clay...ton?

Hendrick: Yea, his name was Clayton. Was a year older than me.

IQ: Did he not make it either?

Hendrick: That I cant tell. I went to Anvil Gate while he went to Azura. He went to cut the head off of the queen while I stayed at a fort to hold back another invasion. Just before it all ended I tried contacting him to no luck... now I'm here.

IQ: You said he was like you right?

Hendrick: He was, but better.

IQ: I'm sure he's safe and alive.

Hendrick: I sure do hope so.

IQ: Come on lets go get something to eat. You havent gotten a tour yet right?

Hendrick: No I havent, but yea I can use some food. Havent had Bacon in months.

IQ: Bacon?

Hendrick: *walking* Oh, after we flooded Jacinto for three years shit really hit the fan with more increased lambent activity. We had to ration food greatly and even so, me, clayton, and baird really cherished our bacon.

IQ: Cant really imagine having to ration food.

Hendrick: Trust me, always being alert on lambent activity and only having a small plate to eat daily. Really fucking sucked.

You both arrived at the cafeteria. Monika got her plate and you just saw the bacon and grabbed half a plate of it. She signaled you over to a table and you walked over to it and sat down.

Hendrick: Hope you dont mind if I sit here.

Ela: Dont worry about it. You need to know people anyway while you're... here. That's alot of bacon.

Hendrick: Never could get alot of this back in Azura.

Kapkan: Got any stories?

Hendrick: I can tell you about my encounter with a berserker that went lambent.

Kapkan: Two questions. What is a berserker? And lambent?

Hendrick: Lambent was a mutarion from being exposed to too much imulsion. A berserker was an enemy of the Locust that was immune to our basic weaponry like my lancer. They're blind but can hear and smell like a german shepherd. Mix the two together and you got a bitch to deal with.

Tachanka: I would like to hear this.

Hendrick: It was at Anvil Gate, after rendevouzing back with most of Delta squad, we went back to Anvil Gate to hear news of another attack heading our way.

IQ: I thought you said you were sent here after a big battle from Anvil Gate?

Hendrick: There were to attempts of an invasion, this was the first wave.

IQ: Oh ok

Hendeick: Anyways, we got news of the attack and prepared defenses against them. Attack came earlier than expected and we were defending ourselves against a full scale attack. Wave after wave, we were losing men and women left and right. Thats when Sergeant Fenix got word that more of Delta Squad was outside of base but were under fire. We gained an opportunity to get to them so we took a truck there. I was driving while Marcus and Dom were in the truck bed. As we drove out Lambent stalks came out and not only did we have to deal with the locust but we had to deal with the lambent aswell.

Tachanka: Quite a last stand.

Hendrick: Shit hits the fan, truck is flipped and we were scrambling to get to our allies.

Anvil Gate; During the attack

Hendrick POV

You got up to look around, you saw a COG soldier on the ground get beat to death using his own hand.

Marcus: Carmine lets go get up.

Hendrick: I'm up I'm up.

You picked up your lancer and began to fire back at both Locust and Lambent. You made it over to Anya and Sam and helped them fire at the remaining lambent.

Marcus: Lets go everyone back to the fort.

You began to run back towards the fort, avoiding the fire coming back towards you from both Lambent and Locust. You started closing into the fort when a stalk came up and you saw a huge beast come out of it.

Marcus: We have a lambent berserker.

It started to charge at you and you rolled out of the way. You sprinted towards the fort hearing from comms that the hammer of dawn was coming online and that you only have a short amount of time to get to the fort. Avoiding the berserker you and Delta squad luckily made it inside just in time.

Flashback ends

Hendrick: We thought we killed it, little did we know it never died and it ended up coming into the fort.

Ela: so how did you kill it. If the hammer of dawn couldnt how were you able to.

Hendrick: The problem with becoming lambent, was that it had a weak point. Its rib cage was exposed so we had a spot to fire at when it opened. Luckily we were able to kill it. But we were low on ammo afterwards.

IQ: Where was Clayton.

Hendrick: He was off base with another man named Jace. He was glad that I was safe.

After saying that you grabbed some bacon and just started to devour it.