Chapter Four-•Depression•

Lucy's POV

Okay, so I had no idea whatsoever about what happened between these two. I was about to go home (it's the end of school) when I heard two girls giggling and walked by me.

"OMG!!!!! I heard that Natsu asked Cecelia out!!!!!!" one said. My face burned red with anger. I absolutely despised Cecelia now and she's going to pay.

"Yeah, and I heard that she rejected him," the other said. My face returned to my rather pale complexion. She rejected him?!?!?! Really? Is this true?!?!?! I saw nobody in halls so I started jumping up and down like a crazy person. Cecelia walked out of a classroom with Happy on her head.

"Lucy?" I heard her ask. I froze.

"Oh, hey Cecelia," I said nervously. "I heard that you rejected Natsu. Thanks so much!" She narrowed her eyes.

"It wasn't for your benefit," she said coldly.

"Then why?" I asked.

"I don't know him that much and I don't like him like that," she replied. Her eyes were still narrowed. She smiled and walked away.

"Funny cuz whenever she's talking to Natsu, it seems like she's flirting with him," I said to myself. She turned around with eyes narrowed.

"Better watch out Lucy," Happy said with a smile. Cecelia giggled and left the building. I sighed and leaned against some lockers that were behind me. Then I heard talking. I turned around and saw Natsu and Gray. I turned away as if I were walking out of the school.

"Hey, Lucy," Natsu said. I turned around, smiled, and waved.

"Thanks to you we got an F on our assignment!" Gray yelled. I flinched. "You will pay Lucy!!!!" Oh God. He's going to use Magic. I ran as fast as I could out of the building. Gray made no effort to try to catch me. I breathed heavily. I heard loud Thump and a squeaky little voice. I looked at the side of the school and saw Cecelia kicking a tree. She fell to her knees.

"Are you okay Cece?" Happy asked. She shook her head.

"Well, well, well," I said. She turned around and I saw her eyes glistening with tears. "It looks like you regret accepting Natsu's request." She looked at me.

"Why don't you get out of my business because that's not what happened!" she yelled and ran out of the school gates. I looked at Happy and kneeled down to be at eye level with the small cat.

"What happened?" I asked. He looked at me sadly.

"Cecelia's father and sister died," he replied. I looked at the gates where she left just a few minutes ago. I'm sorry.
Cecelia's POV

I laid on my bed crying. After I got the call outside the school building, I was devastated. To no longer have my loving father and hilarious little sister was the worst. I walked outside to our backyard. I walked up to a tree and started kicking it.

"Why did you take them? They left without saying goodbye. WHY WOULD YOU LET THEM LEAVE?!?!?!" I yelled. I punched the tree and my knuckles started to bleed. I laid in the grass. I was too depressed to feel the pain. I walked back inside and put bandages around my hands. My Butler walked up to me.

"Miss Cecelia. You have visitors," he said. I headed for the door and opened it. I saw Lucy, Gray, Natsu, and Happy at the door. Happy flew on my head and I smiled a small smile. I told them to come in and sit in the living room.

"What happened to your hands?" Lucy asked. I looked at them and sighed.

"I was punching a tree," I replied. I led them into the living room and Natsu was looking at my family photos.

"Wow, your family looks so nice. Your father, mother, and sister. It must be nice," he said. Tears appeared in my eyes.

"I wouldn't have said that," Lucy said pointing at me. He looked at me and I looked at them. Tears were coming down again.

"Look at what you did Natsu!" Gray yelled.

"Did I say something wrong?" he asked.

"Leave," I said quietly. They all looked at me. "LEAVE!" They all left though the door they came in through. I stood in the middle of the living room crying.
Natsu's POV

I walked out of Cecelia's house.

"I don't understand what I did wrong," I said. Lucy looked at me.

"Cecelia's father and sister died today," she said sadly. I looked at the ground. I didn't know.