chapter one

i thought I'd upload this for you all to get a taste of it and I think the ending with surprise you. I hope.

-

| Luke's POV |

-

I thought soulmates were a weird thing.

They were someone who you were suppose to spend your entire life with. But what if you hated your soulmate? What if they were the weird guy who smelt like weed at the back of the classroom? Or the girl who had posters of Austin Mahone plastered along her bedroom walls?

You didn't get a choice of who your soulmate was and I hated that.

When every child turned sixteen, sixteen numbers and two letters were burned in to your skin. For example: N 26' 38' 2814' S 29' 40' 2704' Those were the co-ordinates of where you would meet your soulmate.

I still hated it.

What if you met two people at that location? What if they had a boyfriend or girlfriend already? What if they hated you?

However I'd still like to meet them. Though if they were a girl or straight I'd probably just run away and never talk to them again.

See that was the thing with the soulmate's. They didn't care for your sexuality. They just gave you your co-ordinates and that was all. I don't even know who gave you the co-ordinates or how it knew when you'd turn sixteen.

But I was turning sixteen today.

I sat in my bed waiting for the burn that my parents and brother told me about. My friend, Harry, had already had his and he'd found the love of his life in a bubbly boy called Louis.

They said that you feel an itch first. Then you check your wrist to see red and you began to scratch at your skin and it bleeds and then it burns and you watch as your skin flakes away and then once the skin had flaked away, there lay your sixteen numbers and two letters. The location of where you'll meet your soulmate.

But rules came with the location. You couldn't go looking for your soulmate. You had to meet them spontaneously and see if your co-ordinates matched and if they did...you found your one true love.

You also weren't allowed to have sexual relations with anyone else that wasn't your soulmate. You had to lose your virginity to that person. You could date others and kiss them but you couldn't have sex with them.

It was all very ridiculous.

Though if these rules were broken there was a council. A secret-not-so-secret-council and they put you on trial. If you were not guilty you got to be set free and if you were guilty...well let's just say you never hear from them again.

I held my duvet close to my chest and that's when it started.

I could feel a heat pooling in my arm and I threw the duvet off of me and I turned on my lamp so I could see how my skin turned an angry red.

I bit my lip as I watched it and I tried to hold back the urge to itch at it. But it was too much and my nails began to scratch at it furiously.

Soon blood was under my nails and on my bed sheets and I pulled my bloodied hand away to see flakes had started to fall.

I blew at the flakes of skin like they were snowflakes and I could see the black writing peeking through.

I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I put my wrist under some running water, feeling it sting and washed away the blood. Then there it was.

My location.

N 35' 39' 9514'
S 51' 74' 8936'

And it was over. There were my co-ordinates and I couldn't do anything about them until I meet my soulmate.

But I wanted to.

So I snuck back to my bedroom after wrapping up my wrist in a white bandage.

I got my phone and went to google maps.

I typed in my co-ordinates and pressed search.

It took a while to load and then it happened.

My heart fell as I reloaded where my soulmate was.

Because my co-ordinates lead to a cemetery.