Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

James's POV:

"Carlos! What the fuck?! Did you seriously just slap your little sister?!" I yell. "Now she ran off. Nice going."

He just glared at me. Then he went to his room and slammed the door.

"Damn. What the hell is his problem?" I say, staring at the closed door.

"Probably that Jessica was on top of you?!..." Kendall replies, saying it like I was stupid.

"It was a fucking accident! And for the record. SHE was on top of ME." I reply.

"So?! It doesn't matter! You know how Carlos feels about his sister!" Kendall yells.

"Why the fuck are you yelling at me?! He's just a stupid, overprotective brother. WAY too overprotective!" I yell back.

"James! First of all you're way out of line. Second, he's overprotective because she's his only little sister! And third, I wouldn't trust you with my sister either! If I had one!" Kendall yells at me.

"James. Kendall is right about the overprotective part. I am not as overprotective as Carlos is with Jessica, but I am kind of like Carlos when it comes to my little sister. Of course Lily already found a boyfriend, but you get my point." Logan says.

"No. I don't." I snap.

"James. Overprotective brothers are called "overprotective" for a reason. They protect they're siblings, most likely a younger sister. In this case, Carlos and Jessica." Kendall explains.

"Whatever." I reply.

"Damn it James! Do you not understand what we're trying to say?!" Kendall snaps at me.

"No! I don't. What the hell are you REALLY trying to tell me?" I snap back.

"This is all your fault! It's not Carlos's fault!" Kendall and Logan both say in unison.

"Carlos fucking slapped Jessica and you're saying that it's not his fault?!" I yell.

"Okay. Fine. Maybe THAT was out of line, but besides that, it's your fault." Kendall says.

"Fine! Whatever! I don't give a fuck on what you think! I'm going to find Jessica. You guys can talk to the asshole in his room." I yell, stomping off.

I run down the stairs and head out the front door. It was getting dark. Damn it. I needed to find Jessica before something bad happens to her. I start looking around the house. Suddenly I hear something. I stopped where I was and listened. It was someone crying. I headed towards the sound and came to a group of trees. I look behind one and saw Jessica crying. I went over to her and sat down next to her. Then I wrapped my arms around her and let her cry on my shoulder. For a few seconds she remained in my embrace, but then shoved me away.

"What are you doing here?" she asked between sniffles.

"To find you. And I did." I reply.

"Go away. I don't want to see you or the other guys. Just leave me alone." she says, burying her head in her lap.

"Why don't you want to see me?" I ask her.

"Because!" her yell was muffled.

"Jessica come inside. You're gonna get sick. It's getting cold." I tell her.

She lifts her head and meets my gaze.

"I'm not going back in. After getting slapped by Carlos? I'm not going in. He didn't cool down. If I go in now. I'm going to get in more trouble." she replies.