Chapter four

Chapter song: Sia - Cheap Thrills

Baby, I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight
(I love cheap thrills)
Baby, I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight
(I love cheap thrills)
But I don't need no money
As long as I can feel the beat
I don't need no money
As long as I keep dancing

Third person's POV
--------------------------

Adam immediately pulls Amanda into a hug, smelling her hair.

“I’ve missed you” he whispers into her ear.

After a while, they pull apart.

“When did you get back, how long have you been back, why am I only seeing you now” Amanda asks all these question confused about why she is only finding out now that he’s back..

“I actually have been to your house, about six times since I’ve been back, every time I got there you were not there and I’ve been busy you know , unpacking and stuff. “ Adam explains as they take a seat on a log.

“I had a job” Amanda explains.

“Liam told me, that little dude has grown since the last time I saw him” Adam smiles thinking back to when he went to look for Amanda.

“He has, he even has girls swooning over him, lord I hope he doesn’t get cocky like Jay is” Amanda says sighing.

“He probably will” Adam says watching Jay flirt with his  half sister.
“If he does, I’ll be singled out. It’s always me and him versus Jay, it will be them versus me.”Amanda complains.

“Well if you ever feel singled out, I’m back next door. You can always come to me” Adam offers and smiles.

“Yoh Mandy, I met the hottest creature alive there by the ba -Adam” Ever says and gets distracted by Adam sitting next to Amanda.

“I’m the hottest creature alive I’ll assume” Adam says smiling.

“Smith still cocky I see” Ever jokes, handing Amanda her drink and Adam stands up to give her a hug. “Pretty much” Adam replies as they pull apart.

“You guys catch up, I’ll go find the hot creature” Ever says winking at Amanda and she blushes.

“So what has been happening with you, why the sudden move back” Amanda asks.

Adam sighs. “My dad has been having an affair for years he confessed.  He has children that are my age and older”

“Adam, shit I’m so sorry” Amanda says not knowing what to really say.

“Their mom passed away recently from cancer so my dad had no choice but to confess. Now his children are living with us” Adam tells Amanda feeling relived to finally talk to someone about this.

“Your parents, are they working through things” Amanda asks Adam taking his hand into her own.

“I don’t know Amanda, my mom just packed us all up and left him back in England” Adam says.