Chapter 3. Sorry, come again?!

Smile spread across my face the moment I saw two familiar people in the midst of the steam that was coming from the Hogwarts express. Megan, better known as Meg, and her twin brother Onyx stood there, not too far from me, clearly waiting for my appearance. Meg's dark purple hair was running wild with the gentle breeze that was having its adventure inside the platform 9 ¾. Students were saying goodbye to their parents and meeting up with their friends, catching up with all the things after summer.

"Oh my Merlin there she is!!" Meg suddenly said, as she finally saw me. I smiled even more and was about to wonder towards then, when I was suddenly kept in place by Draco's hand. I looked down and saw that he was just holding my hand with his. I moved my eyes up and studied him as he said goodbye to his mother and then turned to face me again. He was acting like this was such a natural thing to do. Yes it gave me a great sense of comfort, but all these new actions just kept on surprising me.

But it was too late to even start asking any questions, when we were already surrounded by our beloved friends. Draco's gang appeared out of nowhere, and Meg and Onyx had also found their way to us. Meg was the one to notice us holding hands the first, and she gave me this look that made me want to disappear that instant. And as she took me into a bone-crushing hug, my eyes moved to her twin brother that looked nothing like Meg, who had also noticed us holding hands.

Usually something like this would bother me, since I knew how easily he could get jealous over something like this, but during the past summer I had finally made up my mind about Onyx. I used to have the biggest crush over him, for in my eyes he seemed like the coolest guy ever. And occasionally we did have our fun in flirtatious ways, us both knowing that we were more than just best friends. But he had his chances...so many times, and yet he chose not to take them. And while he was missing out the amazing person I was, my crush towards him gently started to die down. And now, in my eyes, he was just Meg's twin and my best friend. But I could tell that the fact that Draco was still holding my hand bothered him...a lot.

"Oh I have missed you," Meg whined and hugged me the third time.

"I have missed you as well," I admitted and hugged her right back, still not letting go of Draco's hand. He was casually chatting with his friends, and I noticed how Pansy was sending me confused expressions.

I wanted to let go of Draco's hand, just so that our friends wouldn't get the wrong idea. They had no idea what had happened to us during the summer. We hadn't been able to meet any of them, since they weren't selected to bear the same burden as us. And it was known by all the Death Eater families, that even due to their pureblood status, Meg and Onyx's family wanted nothing to do with the kinds of them...people like me. I knew I couldn't tell them...they could never know, for I knew that they would never forgive me.

"Should we get inside and find our usual compartment?" Blaise Zabini questioned.

"Yeah, we need to make clear to all the first year students that they shouldn't mess with us," Crabbe snarled, high-fiving Goyle.

"You guys will join us right?" Draco then suddenly said and turned to face us three. He smiled at Meg, which baffled her utterly and then only nodded towards Onyx, which seemed rather odd to me. But his question was odd as well. Although we were in the same house and had known each other for so long now, he had never wanted us in the same compartment with him and his gang. But I guess now that our relationship was different, he wanted to stay close to me...just like he has asked.

"Y-yeah sure," Meg just muttered and smiled carefully, not really knowing how to react.

"Perfect," Draco said, and with that started walking towards the express, taking me right with him, as the rest followed. He was still holding my hand, which had started to send these weird tingles running up my arm.