【Chapter 2】

❝ 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞

 ❞

(𝐘/𝐍) 𝐩𝐨𝐯.

The sun's warmth wrapped around my body like a warm blanket, something that I have not experienced in a very long time. The forest flourished with so much life and colors, with birds flying around in the sky, like a magical wonderland that I could only think of back in that prison.

Everything was filled with so much life and color that I thought I might cry, though I emphasize cry. With a huge smile on my face, I flew down towards the forest, dodging trees after trees, really it was very exhilarating, definitely better than just floating around and doing nothing. 

I faced bears, deers, and a lot of other species that I have not encountered yet in my life, or at least of what I remember of it. It has been a while since I last even saw any color so the least thing I should do is explore. 

However, what about the seal that kept the demons at bay? Since it has been broken shouldn't I be doing something about it? At least killing demons could help save lives, isn't that what I'm supposed to be doing? I mean, I was a soldier back then so saving lives should be my answer right? Though, I want to live a life where I don't have to worry about fighting and death! Where I don't have to be the cause of so many lives lost. Is it such a hard wish?

Huffing, I closed my eyes and went up, up into the clouds and into the sky where no thoughts can go through my brain. The sky started to turn into a rosy and orange-colored painting, with the sun going down, a sunset that I longed waited for all these years, thinking and trying to remember it every-single-second that I spent in that empty and dark void, how depressing.

I frown soon settled in my face replacing my smile, I'm going to go and save humans from demons, sacrificing everything again, just like when I gave my freedom to save Meliodas and Elizabeth. This is my so-called calling, to save people from death. However, there is a small detail that destiny forgot, and that's that ever since I got trapped in that god-forsaken void all loyalty and wish to save people went away, gone just like those years wasted in nothing but darkness.

Opening my eyes, I let my wings fold, and down I went towards the ground, with my face facing downwards. This exhilaration, I missed it so much, this thing that I live for, the reason for why I even became a soldier it was all for this exciting rush that really gave me a feeling of what life could be, and this thought gave me the encouragement that I needed to actually beat some demon ass.

I smirked, I quickly opened my eyes and zoomed all the way to the edge of the forest while dodging trees and animals altogether, and with that, I went towards where I felt the nearest aura of a demon, oh how much I missed this feeling.

Though there was another aura other than the demons, well two demons, there was a..doll? Yeah, never heard or sensed a doll race before but hey, it has been a while since I last was even touching the ground, or more accurately, flying. There were also giant and fairy race auras, even a goddess aura! A powerful one at that, though it seems that he or she has not awakened it yet, though they will soon, I think.

All in all, it was very confusing how these races are all together in just one place. Are they all fighting? Probably, though there are only those people, no other fairy or giant, quite strange but okay, though there are many demons, 10 maybe? Everything is so confusing, and with my senses a little clouded since I haven't used them in years there a little rusty, though this incoming fight should do the trick, I hope.

With a wide smile, I went faster and faster towards the fight until I saw a village with smoke and screams the only thing there really was to see, oh and a bunch of big demons going around ad causing havoc nothing new of what I'm used to. 

Getting closer and closer I summoned my swords given to me by the deity herself, should probably get rid of it to let go of my past but nah, this is my weapon and this should be my reminder that I'm my own person, that I'm my own army to command! 

(𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐫)

A demon was all alone and was about to squish and women and her child, though me being my awesome self I, of course, rescued them and in return of the red demon trying to kill them I just slashed and down onto the ground went his foot. The red demon looked down to find me gone with me putting the woman and her child on the outskirts of town the rush made me fly back and deal with the red demon properly.

Slashing at it, my movement impossible to track, the red demon fell to the ground with a loud thump and with most of his or her body in little pieces, disgusting sight really but satisfying to know that I still got it masked it all up.

My arms were a little sore but I can't help it, remember no movement for a while would at least do something to my stamina and body, but this whole thing is to just get it all back and ready to go. Spotting another red demon, I flew towards the top of it and raised my swords while going down, slashing it in three pieces. Sensing that someone was coming towards me I went up and dodged the person's incoming attack. Looking back the man has spiky white hair and was shirtless with a long scar that went from his cheek down to almost his chest with red ruby eyes and nunchucks, how badass have people gotten to from all these years?

However, I had to quickly get back to my senses when he went for an attack, though I quickly dodged it as well as his incoming attacks, your not the only badass person here porcupine.

This went on and on, a furious look blooming on his face every time I dodged. Having enough I slapped him into a couple of buildings, really where has the respect for your elders go to? Seriously is he with the demons or not? Though either way, I don't care, I fight is still a fight I suppose.

 Having enough I slapped him into a couple of buildings, really where has the respect for your elders go to? Seriously is he with the demons or not? Though either way, I don't care, I fight is still a fight I suppose

(ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ! ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏ ꜱᴜɢɢᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ! ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏꜱ, ᴀꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ, ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɴɪɢʜᴛ/ᴅᴀʏ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ!)