Want to go with me to the Yule ball?

Silence filled the Great hall as everyone's eyes shifted towards Cedric Diggory, a sixth-year Hufflepuff, and Cho Chang, a fifth-year Ravenclaw. Cedric stood up talking about how much he adored his current girlfriend and before we knew it he turned around and wrote the words "Yule Ball?" in the air with his wand then looking back at her and she screamed yes with the biggest smile on her face hugging him as everyone clapped and his friends patted him on the back.

"Ugh that was so cheesy" I heard Hermione, my girlfriend, say as we all turned back around to continue eating the last bit of the food on our plates

"I agree, all these yule ball proposals are reminding me that I still have no date" Ron groaned drooping his face down while taking the last bite of his food

"What do you mean I thought it was cute, I mean I understand why Ron hates it because he can't see to find anyone, but you mione? I thought you would like that sort of thing?" Ginny asks with a little concern laced in her voice

"I just feel like it's too over the top for some dance, I wouldn't even be going anyway if Y/N didn't want to go, but I love her so I'm giving up a normal date night and going with her" she replies and pushes her plate away since she's done

"How would you know if you don't like it, you've never been asked to the Yule Ball before, none of us have obviously," Harry asks pushing the subject further giving me a side glance, and I mouth at him to stop.

"Yeah I guess I wouldn't know but it just doesn't seem like my kind of thing, thank god Y/N wouldn't do something like that, right?" she says looking over at me waiting for an answer

"Yeah totally not something I would do at all" I replied with nervous laughter hoping that satisfied her.

After a few more minutes of quiet conversation, we all stood up and started heading back to the dorms. Hermione was quietly consoling Ron and trying to help him choose someone to ask to the Yule Ball. While I quickly sped walked up to Ginny and Harry who were holding hands and walking down the hallway joking around with each other.

"What do I do?" I say as serious as I can be in a soft voice while panicking "I don't know Y/N she seems pretty certain that she doesn't want a huge thing" Harry replies and Ginny scoffs and rolls her eyes "Don't listen to my stupid boyfriend" she says brushing off his comment "Hey!" he says taking offense to her comment and Hermione looks up from her conversation with Ron noticing the ruckus coming from the group in from of her "You know I'm kidding you baby" she says lightly hitting him "anyway back to what I was saying, Y/N ask her, you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart because you love her. Her being on the receiving end of this she'll have a much different reaction, so still, do it"

I give her an unconfident nod as Hermione and Ron catch up to us "Hey whatcha guys talking about?" she asks intertwining her hand in mine and leaning her head on my shoulder while we walk "Oh you know the usual who's going to win the Quidditch match tomorrow since it's going to be quite the competitive game with Slytherin as always" Ginny says and thankfully she did too because I know I would've blurted out something stupid. We make it back to the common room and do homework for a little bit before we all make our way back to the dorms for bed, after I'm done preparing myself to go to sleep I plop down on Hermione's bed "you going to come to the game tomorrow" I ask "you know it, I'll be in the front to cheer you on like I do every game" she replies with a big smile then I leaned in for a peck that turned into a long kiss and I scooch forward on her bed and place my hand on the small of her back bringing her closer.

"Okay lovebirds break it up I wanna go to sleep without hearing the sound of you guys making out all night" Our friend Lilah laughs as she walks into the dorms. I break my lips away from Hermione's and give her one last peck before I get up "goodnight beautiful see you after the game tomorrow" I smile and walk away getting into my bed and drifting off to sleep.

*****

I get wakened up at nine o'clock on the dot by Ginny who is whispering for me to get up conscious not to wake anyone else up as the rest of the dorm was either still sleeping or just rising and not wanting to be bothered. I roll out of my bed sitting on the edge of rubbing my eyes and taking in my surroundings seeing Hermione still asleep Ginny and I quickly get ready together and before I leave I give my sleeping girlfriend and kiss on the head and run out the dormitory doors with Ginny by my side. We get a quick warmup in before the game starts and now I stand with my team in the lockerroom nervous not just for the quidditch game, but also to ask my girlfriend to the Yule ball and hope that she doesn't get mad at me for doing it front of everyone.

The whole game I tried really hard to focus on the task at hand- winning- but it was hard when there was this nervous pit in my stomach, like I know there's no way she's going to say no I just don't want her to be mad about something she never wanted in the first place. Since that had me so distracted I missed scoring twice but eventually pushed the thought to the back of my head and got my head in the game. The game went on and I got a few more points from the assist from Ginny and eventually, Harry caught the snitch and we won. We all land on the ground getting off our brooms and cheering. I look up and see Dumbledore talking to Hermione and I know that it's about the happen I take a deep breath and Ginny, Harry, and Ron look over at me and Harry gives me a little thumbs-up as they step to the side when Hermione appears on the field "Y/N what's going on Dumbledore told me to come down here cause you had something to tell me?" she asks confused

"Attention Everyone" Dumbledore's voice radiates and we all pay attention to our headmaster talking, by now both teams are standing on the side of the field and it's just me and Hermione "Mrs. Y/L/N the seeker of Gryffindor's quidditch team has something she'd like to say to in front of everyone," he says and gives me a nod by this time everyone has shifted back to their spectator seats and all eyes are on me while a small panic sits in "Y/N...what's going on?" she asks even though she has made sense of what's happening right now.

"Moine, I know big proposals aren't your thing but I love you so much and I want everyone to know that i do and you're going to be my date and I was wondering even though you already said yes if you're cute ass self would go to the Yule Ball with me?" I asked. Her whole face was red from her blushing, the crowd was silent anticipating her answer just like i was and I searched in her eyes to try and see if she was mad, but her lips curved into a smile and she nodded her head yes and jumped into my arms bringing me stumbling back a little and everyone stood up cheering even Malfoy gave a little clap. She cupped her hand around the back of my neck and I gave her a kiss and our foreheads touch "I think I am a proposal kind of girl" she whispers with a laugh and i laugh with her giving her another passionate kiss on the lips.