Naomi Lockser

Many children and teenagers dream of being different. They dream of being born with super powers or representatives of a different race. They think it's cool and makes their life easier. This is not true. Be happy that you were born human. Ordinary, non - magical people. You will not be hunted like animals, will not look with hatred and try to kill. No other evil spirits will attack. You will not suffer from bloodlust. You can live in peace and maybe even happily. My name is Naomi Loxar. I'm sixteen years old. I'm Yuki-Onna.

— Why is mom in the hospital? Is she ill? Is she going to be okay? the little blue — haired girl asked excitedly, looking at her father with multicolored eyes. They are full of fear and excitement. The blond man smiled warmly and patted his head affectionately.

— Yes. Mom has prepared a real surprise for you and me. We need to wait a little longer. his words calmed the little girl and she sat up straight in the chair, swinging her legs in the air, clutching the hem of her blue sundress with her fingers.

After a while, they were allowed to enter. The man got up, took his daughter's hand, and went into the room with her. The first thing they heard was a baby crying. Tears began to flow down the man's cheeks, and the girl froze in place, peering around his back in surprise, wanting to know what was there.

The source of the sound was two small, swaddled creatures lying in their mother's arms. At the sight of them, the girl was confused and even lost the power of speech. Feeling a reassuring nudge in her back, she dared to take a few steps and take a closer look at the babies.

—  These are your little sisters. Juvia and Kasumi. They're twins. — Gently, with a gentle smile on her face, says the mother, showing the two-year-old Naomi babies.

Naomi's eyes are filled with curiosity, which is immediately replaced by excitement and even fear when her mother suddenly offers to hold them.

— And to give to the father to hold daughters means it is not necessary? Haru's offended voice came from behind her, and the girl nodded and turned to him, holding out the babies. But as soon as they were released by their sister's hands, the girls began to cry, not wanting to leave their sister's arms.

- Uh — Oh... I'm Sorry, honey. But they want to go to her. After all, she was their older sister. the man sighed, but passed the babies to Naomi.

— Um... Dad, aren't you mad? -  the girl asked softly, to which he smiled, shaking his head and patting her head.

"Of course not. The connection between sisters is very important, and between a father and his daughters can be established later. So it's not a big deal. - he gave her a thumbs — up.

— Um... Okay... " the girl's voice faltered a little and she looked back at the babies. Their faces were similar, but not their eyes. One is turquoise, the other is dark-blue. Naomi's own are multicolored. One blue, one purple.

"They were so small and defenseless. I could feel my hands shaking. It seemed that if you made one wrong move, they would cry again or break into many small pieces."

— Um...Hi... sisters... My name is Naomi. And you are Kasumi and Juvia, right? Can I call you Kasu and Ju? Don't worry... I've got you. -  she said, uncertain and timid. Instead of crying, the girls smiled at her.

It was the cleanest, most sincere smile she'd ever seen. For other children, exactly. All her fear vanished as if it had never been there.

Naomi's face showed surprise at first, then happiness and laughter.

"I have sisters... I have little sisters! Hooray! - she said, laughing and hugging the babies.

"I remember those days as if it were yesterday. The time when Juvia and Kasumi were very young. The day I became a big sister. From that moment on, we were inseparable. And the loneliness that had just begun to grow in my soul was filled with these warm and priceless emotions for me. These girls were my best friends in the world. I didn't need anyone but my family. After all, only my family accepts me as I am. All I could think about was my sisters and how to make them smile. We were the happiest family in the world. But unfortunately... some things don't last forever.»

***

On the day when our mother died, my father and I were not at home. We went to the store. Kasumi and Juvia's birthday was approaching. We decided to prepare in advance. Buy candles, cake ingredients, gifts. And when they came back, they saw it. The wrecked kitchen, the mother lying on the floor, the girls crying next to her. I've never seen so much blood. I didn't think something like this could happen to our family. Who? Who killed our mother? Why did he do it? What did she do to deserve this? She was the best person in our lives. Dad and we loved her very much. And now she was gone abruptly. The old warmth and comfort left our home, leaving behind pain, cold and emptiness. My father became depressed. He couldn't survive her death. He either slept all day or disappeared from work. Thank God he didn't drink or snap at us. But he couldn't look at one of us, Juvia. She looks too much like our mother. Face, hair, personality. Because of this, I had to take over the care and upbringing of my sisters. I tried to replace  mother with them as best I could. And also protect from the cruel and merciless outside world. More precisely, the people who inhabit it.

At the same time, the hidden power and characteristics of the demonic blood began to awaken in us. Huge physical strength, almost invulnerability, the ability to control ice and...bloodlust. At first, I tried to restrain her, not knowing that I might die. One day I passed out in the middle of the city. That day, I found information on the Internet that we have a Guild in the city that gives tasks specifically for representatives of the dark forces. One of its members found me and brought me there. There I was revived and even helped to quench my thirst. They decided that I was a sorcerer with a demonic force and not a full-blooded demon. I think that's why they helped me instead of killing me on the spot. So began my new life, hidden from my family.

A young girl, still a teenager, wrapped in a raincoat, enters the bar. Someone whistles and blushes at the sight of her, commenting on her beauty. Someone frowns, noticing something wrong in it, and someone immediately tries to stay away.

Noticing out of the corner of his eye that several people are approaching her, very suspicious-looking, immediately makes it clear that it is better not to climb. The eyes, from blue and purple, turn scarlet, the pupils in them stretch out. One hand peeking out from under the hood is covered with swollen veins, claws appear.

-Some might say that being an ice demon princess is cool, but it's not. Look at me I am. I, the daughter of the former head of the Yuki-Onna clan, go to places like this and take tasks to earn money. Not only money, but also with the help of which you can quench your thirst when it will begin, and my sisters. Because of this, I am rarely at home and even less often get the opportunity to be near them. I hope one day I can find a different option and a job, as well as a chance to be together with my family again, as before. Until then, it remains to hold on and survive.