Jellal Fernandes

Once I was just an ordinary guy who didn't know that myths, legends and fairy tales are real. I had no idea that one day I would be a part of all this. My name is Jellal Fernandes. I'm fifteen years old. And I am a servant of the dark magician Acnologia. Or rather, his puppet.

I have two personalities. One is my real one, and the other is grafted on by him. It appears along with the pattern on my face. She hates demons and other evil spirits, kills them in cold blood and unquestioningly obeys all the orders of the Actor. I, unlike her, am a completely ordinary person. I don't know how to fight or use magic, she does it all — my other side. I'm just an ordinary guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

One day, when my family and I left the city for a summer vacation, we were attacked by demons. Who knew that there were so many of them in places far from cities. People are nothing more than food and sometimes entertainment for them. My parents were killed in front of me. Even though I was hiding and watching from cover, I'm sure they would have found me, too, if they had sensed my terror, pain, and fear.

Hate to say it, but Acnologia appeared just in time. He killed the demons and took me with him. He said he would give them the power to avenge their deaths. Then I was driven by emotions, in particular, hatred. I let him mark me and became his apprentice servant.

But one day he found out I had a friend. A girl by the name of Juvia. When he heard her name, his face changed and he told me his story. It was one of those rare moments when he became more or less normal. The one who was before the fatal deal with the demons. He liked one girl from the ice demon clan, but she chose another guy instead of him. His best friend.

They say that love pushes people to do the most incredible and crazy things. Acnologia — a clear confirmation. But the deal with the dark forces is the same monkey's foot. They will fulfill the desire, but how, is unknown. He wanted to take revenge on Igneel and take the girl away from him, but in the end, he became obsessed with his hatred and began to destroy everything that was dear to her. Her lover, her daughter. It even reached her grandchildren.

After this part of the story, he showed me something I will never forget. The truth about my beloved, Juvia Lockser.

Jellal sat in the bushes surrounding the small Playground and watched the following scene. Three boys surrounded a small blue-haired girl. It was Juvia. He also recognized these boys. I saw how they bullied those who are younger and weaker, took pocket money, even beat them.

They laughed nastily, grinned, and cracked their fists, ready to pounce on her at any moment. Gerard barely resisted the urge to jump out, grab his friend in his arms and run away, and then return and break the noses of the three of them. At this moment, he was even ready to use his knife against them. It doesn't matter if they're human or not. No one dares to hurt his beloved, the only person in the whole world.

She's so small and fragile and defenseless. A charming creature with long blue pigtails and innocent sapphire eyes. Her beautiful dark dress with a ribbon at the waist was always soiled or even torn because of these bastards, and her face was covered with bruises, abrasions, and tears. He wanted them to pay for every tear she shed, and then take her hand and bring back the smile and the sparkle in her blue eyes.

He clenched his fists and mentally shouted, begging Juvia to run away. She's a fragile girl. What can she do to these three big boys? They're like giants. compared to her. Juvia hates violence. Hates to cause others pain. Just the sight of blood can make her faint. At some point, Jellal couldn't stand it anymore and screamed. No sound came out of his throat. The voice abruptly disappeared. All he could do was clench his fists and scream at the top of his lungs, making a nonexistent, desperate cry. She believed that he would always be there and will be able to protect her. But all he can do now is Bang his fists on an invisible barrier and scream, ripping off nonexistent ligaments.

The next picture that opened up to him will never be erased from his memory. She would haunt Jellal in his dreams for a long time. He didn't want to believe it, didn't want to admit it, but Acton's words were right. Juvia is a demon. Yuki-Onna.

The bullies who attacked her with their fists were defeated. One became an ice statue, the other died completely, being torn apart by sharp claws. In her slender hands and fingers was hidden a huge, far from girlish, strength. The ground, rides, as well as the girl's face, hands, clothes, and even hair were stained with blood. Her eyes were empty, as if dead, and her face was expressionless.

He didn't know why she let go of the past, pleading for mercy, boy. Hopefully, the "real" Juvia had woken up in her. Judging by the flash of realization and horror in her eyes, it was true.

***

"That's not true! Not true! Not true! Juvia is not a demon! No! Not her! Not her! I don't want to lose her too! - Jellal was on his knees, crying. Acnologia stood by, watching in silence.

- I hope you understand why I'm doing this, Jellal. Why I chose you. A little more and you could have been the victim of this girl yourself.

— No! — a punch on the ground. The pain in his knuckles doesn't compare to the pain of a broken heart.

- Don't be fooled by her appearance and the fact that she's a little girl. A demon is a demon, no matter what it looks like or how old it is. They use their beauty and charms to lure their victims.

I'm sorry, but your story isn't adding up

Think your religion is a lie to keep my mouth shut

So i won't testify to crimes you're keepin score of

Why don't you throw me to the wolves i thought you were one

- I'm sorry, Juvia. We need to break up. - He says this in a low, somber tone, holding his hands out in front of him. His face is expressionless, his bangs hiding his empty, watery eyes.

It hurts to say those words. It is unbearably painful. But he has to do it. It's the only way to save her from herself. Juvia will never forget him, because she loves him too much, even if he asks her to. So this is the only option. Break that connection, burn all the bridges, and walk away, hoping that their paths will never cross again.

***

Jellal and Juvia are facing each other. He's wearing a long cape that covers his face, but she can still see the familiar blue hair, brown eyes, and the pattern on his face. His eyes are wide with shock, and his hands are clenched into fists and shaking. the pattern briefly disappears from his face. You can see his reflection in her blue eyes.

You were standing there like an angry god

Counting out my sins just to cross them off

"I came all this way because I believed in you, Jellal! — screams blue-haired girl, looking at him imploringly. She wants to reach out, to bring back those happy moments of the past. - I'll help you. I'll save you. — Holds out his hand, looking with love and devotion, just like before.

Saying that my tongue was too loud to trust

And that my blood couldn't keep you

I'm sorry, Juvia. He approaches her, ostensibly for a hug, but instead stretches his arms out in front of him, pushing her back.

My dear

You're not so innocent

Before his eyes is her image from childhood. A little girl in a black dress with a ribbon on the belt, with blue ponytails, and a shy smile.

You're fooling heaven's gates

So you won't have to change

You're no saint, you're no savior

Jellal watches in silence, his eyes empty, as the girl falls into the white-lit abyss. He raises his hand to his face, remembering her words of help. He clenches his fingers into a fist, and, throwing the hood over his head, jumps after him.

- I hope our fate will change one day.