8 ❀

-KATIE'S POV-
*JUNE 15TH 1993*

i woke up feeling someone's arms around me, i turn to see benny sleeping peacefully, he's so cute, yea i just thought that, i smiled then checked the time, 7:00am, that's the earliest i've woken up, i remembered that benny wakes up around 7:30 to go to the sandlot so i woke him up.

"benny, wake up it's 7:00" i said softly "it's too early" he groaned turning over "wow that's a shocker, Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez says it's too early" i said laughing "shut up" he said still sleeping "don't you have to go to the sandlot?" i asked "yea but i don't want to, i wanna stay here with you" he said turning over and looking at me "i'm gonna be there too, dummy" i said laughing "okay, fine i'll be back in a few" he said getting out of bed and sneaking out of my window "your parents are gone, right?" he asked "yes, they left at 6" i said "okay" he said climbing out of my window.

<THE SANDLOT>
-BENNY'S POV-

"goodmorning to my favorite couple" squints yelled from his position causing me and katie to laugh, "we're not a couple" katie yelled back, it might be too soon but i wanted to tell her how i feel i was thinking either today or tomorrow, the boys knew i was gonna tell her, katie went to her spot and i went to bat like usual and we played for a while.

*1 HOUR LATER*
-STILL BENNY'S POV-

we decided to take a water break, yeah-yeah was talking katie's ear off but i don't think she minded, i was just looking at her while everyone had their own conversations "take a picture, it'll last longer" i heard ham say from behind me "i'm nervous to tell her" i said turning around "don't be i'm sure she feels the same way too" ham said patting my shoulder, after a while we decided to play again, and we played until the sun started setting.

*AFTER PLAYING*
-STILL BENNY'S POV-

we called it for the day and now i started getting nervous, i'm about to tell katie how i feel about her, i told the boys to walk ahead of us so i could talk to just katie and they did, "hey kat?" i said "yes benny?" she asked picking up her glove "can we talk for a few?" i asked getting nervous "yea sure" she said "okay i don't know how to start this but when i first saw you i thought you were the most gorgeous girl i've ever seen" i said causing her to smile "and i'm glad we've became practically bestfriends, but there's something i need to tell you" i said "okay, what is it?" she asked getting nervous "i like you katie, and not just as a friend" i said looking at her "really?" she asked "yea but if you don't like me back i totally get i" i said but got cut off "i like you too benny" she said smiling "wait, you do?" i asked excitedly "yes" she said laughing, i hugged her and out of no where the boys came, "see i told you she liked you back" ham said.

a/n; i died for a second lol but heyyyy🎅🏼 also i didn't re read this so if there's spelling errors i'll fix it after.