11 ❀

*JULY 5TH 1993*
-KATIE'S POV-

i was sleeping peacefully until i felt someone run and jump on my bed "get out andy" i complained covering my face with my blanket "andy's not up yet dummy" benny said, i removed the blanket from my face to see benny already looking at me "shut up" was all i said before closing my eyes, i heard benny groan and felt him lie down next to me "fine, we can sleep in but i'm waking you up as soon as i get up" benny said looking at me which caused me to smile.

"wake up now kat" benny said jumping on my bed "what time is it" i said rubbing my eyes "11:45am to be exact" benny said "aren't you supposed to be at the sandlot?" i questioned "no, everyone had their own plans today" benny said finally sitting down "okay, what's our plans for today?" i asked walking to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth "that's completely up to you" benny said walking to the bathroom too, i turn to him "can we make brownies? pleaseee" i asked excitingly while clapping my hands causing benny to playfully roll his eyes and hug my waist "sure why not" he said smiling.

-BENNY'S POV-

we were in the kitchen making brownies and before we started, katie played music and recorded us making the brownies with my phone, i was cracking the eggs to put them in the batter then katie grabbed flour and threw it at me "that's it, come here" i said chasing her, she grabbed my phone and ran, she ran to the bathroom in her room and locked the door, i could hear her whispering to my phone "i'm just gonna wait here till he's gone" she whispered thinking i wouldn't hear so i walked out of her room and went back to the kitchen and hid by the counters, i heard her slowly walking downstairs "where is he?" she whispered, she walked in the kitchen and that's when i decided to grab her by her waist and carry her to the couch, i playfully threw her on the couch and started ticking her "okay stop i can't breathe" she said in between laughs, i stopped and started walking back into the kitchen and as i was doing that katie jumped on my back and started laughing, this girls gonna be the death of me.

-KATIE'S POV-

we finally put the brownies in the oven to cook and cleaned up the mess i made, we went to my room while we waited for the brownies and started talking while listening to music, "i cant wait till Christmas" i said staring at my ceiling "that was random" benny laughed "you wanna hear random?" i asked looking at him "sure" he said smiling "okay, if you lose your pen, you have no pen" i started off "that's how it works kat" benny said laughing which caused me to roll my eyes "anyways, no pen means no notes, no notes means no study, no study means failure, failure means no diploma, no diploma means no job, no job means no money, no money means no food, no food means you get skinny, you get skinny means bullying, bullying means no self-love, no self-love means no lover, no lover means no marriage, no marriage means no kids, no kids means alone, alone causes depression, depression causes sickness, and sickness causes death" i said seriously but benny was laughing "what was the point of that?" benny asked still laughing "don't lose your pen" i said still being serious "are you drunk or something?" benny jokingly asked "i don't drink but if i were to get drunk i'd probably say some weird stuff" i said still looking at benny who was still laughing, we talked until we heard the oven ding.

we raced to kitchen, i won obviously and carefully took the brownies out of the oven, we walked to the living room while the brownies cooled down, we were on the couch watching tv when benny asked to spend the night "of course, my family loves you, you don't have to ask dummy" i said laughing which caused him to laugh too "school starts on the 29th, are you nervous?" benny asked "yea, you?" i asked "kind of, liz said the schools nice and all just the people aren't" benny said "well that's just nice and of course we're freshman so they're gonna pick on us" i said "who cares? we have each other" benny said holding my hand tighter "i just don't want drama with other freshman girls you know" i sighed "why would you have drama with girls you don't know?" benny asked "because i'm dating you and i'm new" i said looking at him "they're just jealous, don't let it get to your head and hey, they could be nice" benny said "i hope so" i said turning my attention back to the tv.

*1 HOUR LATER*
-BENNY'S POV-

me and katie were in her room again talking about more random things with music playing in the background, the song "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston came on causing katie to start singing

"clock strikes upon the hour, and the sun begins to fade" she sang "still enough time to figure out how to chase my blues away" she sang looking at me and smiling "i've done alright up to now, it's the light of the day that shows me how" she sang which caused me to smile too "and when the night falls, loneliness calls" she sang standing up and pulling me up too "oh, i wanna dance with somebody" she sang dancing with me "i wanna feel the heat with somebody" she sang which made both of us laugh, she sang and danced with me the whole song which i loved, i even recorded us too for the memories.

"and i'm the winner" katie yelled excitingly after wrestling me "i gave you chance, didn't wanna actually hurt you" i said standing up from the floor "aw that's sweet, but save it for someone who's actually buying it" katie said resting on her bed "yea yea but i actually didn't wanna hurt you" i said lying down next to her "i know" she said turning her head to me and smiling, we were about to kiss until katie's mom yelled "kids we're back" causing me and katie to jump and laugh right after, we raced downstairs (i won this time) and helped katie's parents with the groceries, well katie helped her mom while i talked to her dad about baseball.

after katie finished helping her mom we walked back to her room and it was getting dark so i decided to shower "i'm showering first" i said grabbing my clothes "yea okay, have fun with that" katie said resting on her bed again causing me to lightly laugh

i finished showering and found katie sleeping on her bed, i laughed and woke her up "kat, wake up" i said gently shaking her "i will, after" she said "how about you shower now and i'll fix your bed" i said softly "okay" she said while sitting up, she grabbed her clothes and went to the bathroom, once i heard the water running i started cleaning her room and made her bed, katie finished showering then plopped on her bed and started cuddling with me causing me to lightly laugh again

i tried to fall asleep but katie kept moving, she finally stood up and took off her shirt causing me to look at her with wide eyes "what?" she asked softly "nothing" i said still looking at her, she then looked down and sighed "what's wrong?" i asked slowly walking towards her still no response, i eventually caught on and said "you can trust me kat" causing her to look up "i can?" she asked softly "yes of course, what made you think you couldn't?" i asked "it's just johnathan always made it seem like i could trust him, until he changed in ways i hated" she said looking down again, i hugged her and said "i'm not like him okay? i won't let anyone hurt you and i definitely won't hurt you like he did" causing her to look at me again and slightly smile "this may be a little early but i love you, and i'm really thankful for you" she said hugging me "i love you and i'm really thankful for you too kat" i said hugging her back, we walked back to her bed, it was silent for a moment until katie spoke up "benny?" she asked "yes?" i answered "what do you wanna be when you grow up?" she asked "a firefighter, what about you?" i asked playing with her hair "an actress" she said "do you think we're gonna get married and have kids?" she asked "i hope so" i said kissing her head "do you?" i asked "yea" she said, we talked about our future for a little then fell asleep.

a/n: not me making them say "i love you" already who am i? chile- this is one of the chapters i've been so excited to write and i'm glad my lazy ass finally did lmao, like usual, i didn't re-read the whole thing so my bad, happy december btw<3