Chapter 17 - Werewolves

A male voice was sounding in the background but it sounded far away and she couldn't figure it out what was being said like it was spoken in a foreign language. Darkness was calling for her and she couldn't resist it anymore. She closed her eyes and woke up in a clearing she examined her surroundings and recognized it as the Forest of the Wolves, here she took her pack every full moon to take the turn, in the middle right above a ray of sun was a woman with her back turned for Alexa, with long blonde hair with a white flowing simple dress. When the woman turned to Alexa she noticed a familiar brown with sparkle of green eyes just like Alexa's eyes, thin lips were open in a smile, and warmth flow through Alexa just as she recognized the woman:

- Mom?

- Yes dear it is me! - Said the woman opening her arms to take Alexa in an embrace.

Alexa felt the warmth the safety of her mother's arms tears flowed down her face, but something nagged on the back of her mind:

- Am I dead? - She asked stepping back from her mother.

- No, dear. Not yet! It is not yet your time. I know how much you've been suffering and how much you've been strong for other people's safety. Now it is time for you to be strong for yourself. Your path is not an easy one and it's one that will take to waters never traveled before. Trust Edwin, he is the only one who can save you and you are the only one who can save him. Without any of you, the werewolves and the vampire will face assured destruction and extinction if by their own hands or by the hands of others we don't know.

- I don't understand! - Said Alexa with sadness in her voice.

- You will understand when your fate is upon you. And keep in mind that there is no such thing as impossible! I'll be watching over you my warrior princess, me and your father and we couldn't be more proud of you! - Said Alexa's mother beginning to disappear.

- No mom, don't go! I still need you!

- You never needed me I love you Alexa and I'm sorry!

Alexa woke up from the pain she was feeling as if her skin was being boiled over.

- Alexa? - Edwin asked. - Please Alexa, come back to me!

- I am here! - Answered Alexa with much struggle to speak. - Edwin, I don't how much longer can I resist, I'm feeling boiled and burned alive.

- We will not stop until we find the caves.

- I trust you! - She answered and motioned to touch him in the hand that it was rested on the horse's neck.

She felt the sparkles once again and the pain seemed to have eased with the touch.
Edwin was startled by the touch and looked up to her.

- Let me touch you I feel less pain, don't know why is that I only know that it is.

Edwin extended his hand for her to touch and the pain turned bearable.

- Is it better? - He asked.

- Yes it is.

- Would Jax hold us both? I could ride with you so you don't have to be in pain. - He offered.

- Yes he could hold us both.

They break contact and the pain came again this time two times stronger, but short-lived, once she felt his arms around her waist and his chest on her back.

- Is it better? - He asked, concerned

- Much better. Thank you, and I'm sorry for all the trouble that I've been causing you.

- No trouble at all. If I didn't go hunt you wouldn't be in this situation. I would've been there to warn you and to run away from it with you!

- Thank you all the same. - She spoke feeling at ease with him by her side.