Chapter 31 - The Merchant Council

Flora arrived at Arya's room, in the West Tower, from there she could see the blue line of the sea and Arya said that it was the best place if she ever needed to contact the Merchant Council because it was a straight line until the other shore, where supposedly stood the merchant council. "Did you asked for me?" Flora asked, stepping inside the room, spheres were laid around the room, white chalk drawings on the ground, and up to the columns beside the big window that was in the direction of the ocean.

"Yes I'm going to need your help, and maybe someone else to, I'm going to try and contact the Merchant Council and Elder Evra to tell them what is happening here and how to fight Lucius."

"Everything that you need, maybe Patricia would be interested in participating, I know the others have their assignment and are working no stop."

"Could you talk to her? I still need to prepare somethings." Arya told her, holding some feathers and placing them in places that seemed random, but for her, it had meaning.

"Yes, no problem. I'll search for her." Flora said, looking inquisitive as to what the sorceress was doing, seeing that the woman didn't say anything more she left the room.

Arya didn't mention anything more, she was placing elements of air, water, earth, and fire, candles were placed to represent the fire, bowls with water were opposite to the candles, to represent the water as in an opposing element to the fire. Feathers we're representative of the air and opposing to it, we're bits of a handful of earth with a white rose on it, it symbolizes both the element of earth and the wish to not harm the person on the other side.

Some drawings were needed to be added so the spell would work, using the energy of the last sun rays of the day, she went on, chanting some spells so no one could disrupt the drawings accidentally.

She was so in a trance that she didn't notice Flora and Patricia entering her room until she finished the drawings and all was set to begin the spell.

"You're here! Good!"

"We've been here for quite some time!" Patricia told her.

"Sorry dear, I was completely under my spell, so no one would be in danger when we begin."

"This is dangerous?" Asked Patricia suspiciously.

"Now that all the protective spells were cast, no it isn't dangerous, only for me, I'll go to the other side, in an attempt to communicate with my Elder." Explained Arya, undressing, seeing the face Patricia was doing, she quickly explained. "It's only me that needs to undress, the Spirit realm doesn't like material matter. Quickly I need you both on each side of me, touching a hand, so you will be an anchor for me to come back!" Arya laid in the middle of the drawings, making the signal for the two women place each other on her side, holding her hand. "Whatever happens don't let go of my hand. I'll be cold as ice or hot as the sunlight, don't let me go or I'll be trap in the Spirit World!"

"Okay." The two women said in unison.

Arya began chanting until her voice disappeared and her eyes turned white. Flora and Patricia exchanged a look.

Arya was in another area where darkness and light was a mist blurred with colors, she spoke, but no voice left her mouth. She concentrated and tried again. "I call the Council, in the person of Elder Evra, my Master, my tutor, my father, come to me!" she screamed and waited until a cloaked figure appeared, his robes of yellow and golden, showing his status as a High Member of the order.

"Arya, my daughter, how long, I've missed you by my side."

"I've missed you too, father. We don't have much time, I need to tell you what is happening in Zulcan and Elatre!"

"We know what ks happening, the old ways are returning, and if played right, long-lasting peace might be achieved. But troubled times will be coming as change always asks for! A war is looming on your shores and there is nothing you can do to avoid it."

"Flavius is behind most of that!"

"We are also aware of that, don't you try to confront him, he has gathered dark information, forbidden by the Council, he is much stronger than you. It was why we sent them to the Vampires! So he could be far away from our order and our secrets! I urge you to come back to us! You can be happy here, I know you can!"

"I was happy there but I was always in your shadow! I needed to be free from you and to make a name for myself! The pack turned to be my family too, I can't leave them now in this time!"

"Then hear my words, you'll not have any help from the Merchant Council, we will wait to see who wins this war and then struck a deal with the winner to maintain relations!

" Now I know why I left! The order is just a bunch of coward old men! Leaving the Order was the best thing it ever happened to me!"

"Don't try me, Arya, you're my child but that doesn't mean I'll accept offenses from you! Leave this real and never come back, or I'll be forced to call the spirit hounds to hunt you down!"

"You never really cared for me, or mom! You only wanted the status that we gave you! You used us and then disposed of us, in any way you could! Goodbye father, this is the last time you'll ever see me! I hope you find happiness!" Arya told the man, making a symbol with her hands she broke the contact, waking up right next to Patricia and Flora, she stood up quickly, angrily, and dressed up.

"Well?" Asked Flora.

"The Council is a bunch of old coward men, they knew about everything and will not move a straw to help us. My father only urged me to go back there!" She said anger coating her words.

"Calm down!" Asked Flora, getting up. "We will be victorious, you'll see! We don't need them! But we need you here. You might not be a wolf, but you're like a sister to us!"

"Thank you, Flora! I wouldn't go back even if it is the last untouched piece of land! You're my family for the good and the bad! I'll be here right beside you!" Arya stated that with her fists closed.

Patricia stood up and hugged the woman. "You, I like it!"

Arya was startled by the sudden action of the new member of the pack. "Thank you."

"This is a family, I was not abused or asked to do anything I didn't want, I was welcomed here with open arms! I only wished that my Schi..." Patricia suddenly fell silent, terror on her eyes, as she was about to say something she knew she would regret.

"Did you loved someone?" Asked Flora, seeing that the woman wasn't replying, she understood something, it might be considered a forbidden thing. "We don't condemn love, we embrace it, Elia and Andrew are a couple, Alexa found her mate in a vampire and even Truman and Charles declared to each other the love that they have."

"Yes, I loved someone, back at the camp, Schirouca, we weren't allowed to have a love for each other, as the females were considered the property of the Alpha."

"Dear spirits! That it's savage! We aren't animals, and always held both genders as equals."

Patricia gave them a sad smile. "I left him back at the camp. I know he would like to be here."

"If we can, we will bring him back here. You'll see!" Said Arya, comforting the woman.