Chapter 10: Home, Love, and Family

Laurie and I had eloped a few days after he proposed. Amy ended up marrying Fred as well. We all decided to head back home. After being on a boat for about two months, Laurie and I were back in Concord. We decided to surprise everyone at home. Amy and Fred had gotten home before us. Laurie walked in front of me and saw Jo.

"Teddy! This is magic," Jo said.
"You are absolutely...covered in flour," he said.
"Come in," Jo said.
"Not yet. May I tell you something, alone? I'm glad you're the first to know," Laurie said.
"Know what? Where's Amy? And where's Abby," Jo asked.
"May I present...my wife," Laurie answered while stepping aside so that Jo could see me.

"Abby," Jo exclaimed before hugging me.
"Oh, Jo! I've missed you so much," I said as I hugged her.

"You two have gotten married," Jo asked.
"Yes," Laurie replied.
"Actually married," Jo asked.
"Very much so, thank you," Laurie answered.

"We have to tell everyone the good news. Come with me," Jo said as we followed her into the parlor where everyone was.

Everyone was happy about Laurie and me being together. Amy and I were telling everyone about our travels.

"I went to paint the great cathedrals
but I couldn't forget our home," Amy said.

"Look how Amy has captured Orchard House. It's beautiful," Marmee said.
"Not as beautiful as I wanted,
but I am still learning," she said.

Laurie and I were talking with Jo while she was holding one of Meg's twins.

"Dear little angel. Jo, Tell me the truth, as a sister, which is a relationship stronger than marriage...Do you mind at all that Teddy and I are married," I asked.
"Oh, no. I was surprised. I was told that Teddy would never love another, and now he's married," Jo replied.

"It's good to hear you call me Teddy again," Laurie said.

"At last we're all family,
as we always should have been," I said.
"Promise to live close by. I couldn't
bear losing another sister," Jo said.
"I promise," I said.

I was glad to be back home with my family and new husband. Life will certainly not be the same without dear Beth, but she will never be forgotten. I will always cherish these times I have with my family. I'm sure there will be many more to come.

A/N: Sadly, we have reached the end of this story. I hope you enjoyed it.