Chapter One

The sun has just began to peek over the mountains giving the clouds an orange and pink tint, the air was fresh, cold and clean, the soil was damp from the rain that fell just the night before, and the trees were all tall and thick. I like to sit here and watch the sun rise. " 'Cole! " Marius called out. I sigh and put my head between my knees.

" I know you're out here 'Cole! " I rolled my eyes then called out to him.

" Over here! " I say flatly.

Moments later a figure sits beside me. " My mom wants to talk to you. " He said.

" Right now? " I asked.

" No, Yesterday. Yeah, right now. It's kind of important." He said.

I sighed and stood up dusting off my jeans. " Fine. I'll see you later. " I said walking off.

" Sure. " He says emotionlessly.

When I got back to the house-cabin I found some of the guys whispering about something that I didn't even care to care about. " Hey- " I started, making them all come to an abrupt stop.

" Where's your mom? " I said looking directly at Marcus, Marius's Twin brother. "Marius said she wanted to talk to me." I finished.

"Try out back, she should be near her flower garden." He said. I gave a small smile thanked him then walked threw the house-cabin and out the back door.

" 'Cole! Over here sweet heart." Isabel called from near her flower garden besides the forest that surrounded our rather large house-cabin. I walked over to her and she gave me a quick hug wishing me an early happy birthday.

" Thanks Isabel. " I said with a polite smile.

" So... There's something I need to talk to you about, and it may seem crazy, but it's important for you to hear and know, so just hear me out before you dismiss the whole thing. I know that its hard to believe. " She uttered.

"Eh, I'm a teenager. You'd be surprised on just how gullible we can really be." I reassured her.

Her face lightened and she let out a short chuckle, but only for a moment. She shook her head as if to get back on track and clapped her hands together then breathed.

" Nicole. " She started.

" Nicole? We're using my full name now? " I asked nervously.

" There is a specific reason you never get sick. " She said ignoring my comment. She paused as if waiting for something and although I had about a million comments... As always, I decided to keep quiet this time.

Still I couldn't help but make a face that said 'what the hell are we waiting for? I thought you wanted to talk.' Just then my attention flew to the shiny orbs that I saw hiding in the woods from the corner of my eyes. The orbs made there way into the limited sunlight showing off more detail. Turns out the magical flying orbs were just eyes, but I was very confused when I saw that the eyes belonged to a black wolf.

" Nicole, this is Marius. " Isabel spoke. I looked at her raising an eye brow.

" What? " I asked. My eyes flickered back to the wolf as I waited for a response and I watched as his fur brushed against her leg and she brought her hand down to pet between his ears. Marius did always have a close relationship with his mom. All of her kids had a close relationship with her. Heck, everyone she knew had a close relationship with her. Still, there was no possible way that she actually meant that this was her eldest son.

" I guess you aren't as gullible as you thought you were huh? " She mocked looking at me. I smiled and shook my head. " Why don't you take a closer look at his eyes. Like you two used to. " She said bringing up uncomfortable memories.