Chapter 2: Getting Started and a New Friend?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! enjoy this. We worked hard.

     -Nathaniel   ~Holo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quickly scrolled through the codes, looking for something.

Boom!

Found it. A secluded hot springs. I teleported to one of the more hidden ones in the place and settled down a bit. I stripped of my clothes, tossing them into a bloody pile nearby. I slowly lowered myself into the water, hissing as the hot water stung my scars and wounds. Finally all the way under, I sighed in relief.

I lowered myself in the water up to my nose hole, making sure to keep it above the water so my skull didn't fill up, then started the lengthy process of scrubbing the blood and grime from my bones. The water became somewhat murkier. Finally, my bones were clean, but it made my wounds and scars stand out. At least they had less a chance of getting infected. I began to think of what kind of clothes I needed to make for myself and started making portals. snatching different fabrics and strings, i stuck them in my inventory for future use. I grabbed a pair of knee high boots and made a mental note to change some colors in the codes. Now only halfway submerged, I reached over for my scarf. I had some attachments to that scarf, so it was probably the only that I was going to keep. I was struck with the thought that now that I was here, I could probably afford the luxury of having changes of clothes.

This made me unreasonably happy.

I pulled the scarf away from the other bloodied clothes, and dropped it into my inventory box. I relaxed in the water for a little while longer before getting out and wrapping myself in a towel. I speed sewed an outfit together and pulled it on. It was warm, but somewhat poorly done. No matter, i could touch it up later. I looked at myself and put my hands on my hips, smiling to myself.

I was wearing those knee high boots, paired with some sweatpants, mostly to try and hide some of my scars. I kept the red turtleneck, I just changed the color to black and switched it for one that wasnt soaked in blood. I had sewed together a cape with a hood and it was held in place with a small pendant. I folded my scarf so it was thin, and tied it around my waist like a belt. I pulled on some fingerless gloves for a final touch.

Maybe things would get better now.

Maybe I could get better now.

Now what? Maybe I could open up a shop? I need a steady source of income to be able to keep my house. Now that I'm on the subject of a house, I suppose it's time to start looking. I opened the codes and scrolled through the codes, taking a note of the money in my inventory. I found a small listing in one of the bigger cities. It was one main room, with a glass window front, and stairs in the back that led to an upstairs bedroom. There was a small kitchen and bathroom to the side, and it seemed perfect. It was insanely cheap too. I contacted the owner and they said they were available for a meeting now.

Convenient.

I teleported to an alleyway near the place and started my trek. Very few monsters could teleport, so I thought it better to lay low. I got to the building and knocked on the front door. The door opened to a small bunny lady.

"Oh hi! You must be era! Please come in!!" I stepped through, and observed the room that would probably be used as the shop. It was dusty, things were knocked over, and it had lots of cobwebs everywhere. All in all, it was dirty, and would need a lot of work. The bunny stood there nervously. She seemed anxious to get the sale of this place over with. I handed her the money and she snatched it happily.

"I've got the deeds here, just sign these lines." I did as I was told and she laughed gleefully. "This place is all yours! Be careful the only reason it's so cheap is becausetheresaghosthere ok bye!!" She yelled, speeding up her words. She dashed from the place, making this my new home.

A ghost?

Oh well, I've dealt with plenty of those. I began to plan the layout of this in my head and smiled. It needed work, but I could make it happen. I open the door behind the dusty counter and let myself into the stairwell. I walked up that flight and open the door that led to the bedroom. It was comfy, if pretty dusty. I walked through to the kitchen and bathroom, noting what needed repairs. I pulled out some paper and pencil and situated myself downstairs in the shop, behind the counter.

I began to form a list of things I would need to buy when the lights flickered and shut off. I sighed, but didn't react. I heard a door slam upstairs, but continued to write down things I needed to buy. Something scratched at one of the shelves and I stood.

"Wherever you are, come out. I know you're there, so just show yourself." I spoke sternly, letting some of my commanding aura out. Slowly, a figure began to materialize. It looked a lot like original chara. They had their head down, almost ashamed looking.

"Sorry." Their voice was quiet, sorta timid. My face softened.

"It's fine, what can I help you with?" They looked away.

"Nothing. I'm a ghost, there isn't much I can do." They looked so sad, that in that moment, I made the split decision to have some mercy.

"Well maybe I can make your life here easier. I'm not leaving any time soon." I was supposed to be some sort of protecter. Baby steps, right? "What are your basic needs? What can I help with?" I asked again, making sure to be kind.

"W-well, despite being a ghost, I can sleep? And I can eat, but I don't need to." I nodded and opened my inventory. I pulled out a large scrap of fluffy fabric I had planned to use for my outfit, but decided not to. I lay down a whole bunch of other fabrics, creating a soft bed sort of thing in the corner behind my counter.

"When's the last time you slept?"

"It's been a while. I get...pretty bad nightmares..." they trailed off.

"Go on and lay down. Maybe I can tell you a story?" They hesitated.

"Why are you being so kind? I'm dead! You don't know what I've done!!" I looked them in the eyes.

"I'm being kind because I know what it feels like to be uncared for, abandoned, and misjudged. I don't want anyone to feel what I have, so I'm making a difference. And," they looked on the verge of tears. "And I think I could use some new friends here. And I think you want a friend too. So what do you say?"I stuck a hand out, knowing that my haphephobia would probably act up."Me and you try being friends? I'm not leaving anytime soon, so you're stuck with me regardless." They tried to grab my hand, but went through.

Just then I understood how weak they must be right now to not be corporeal. They sighed.

"How about that story, young one?" They nodded enthusiastically and laid down in the makeshift bed. I dropped the big fluffy blanket on them and they nuzzled into it. I began my tale, a story of a long forgotten au.

After a while, they fell asleep and I pulled out my crochet needles. If I was going to have a shop, I would need something to sell.

Before I started, I added chocolate and a bed to my shopping list. Somehow, even though things were moving so fast, I was already feeling better than I had in a long while.

Sitting In this old chair, crocheting, sitting next to a new friend, I was filled with hope, and maybe... determination.

Little did our error know, he had chosen the house directly under the meme squads base of operations, and a little down the street from the center of the city, where justice reigns had their headquarters. Things were going to get very interesting for him.

And in a distant multiverse, fate tore up the antivoid in their mad search for a being that was no longer under their control.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ill upload a drawing i did of his outfit later.