Chapter 2 - Fate

Princess Zelda was overwhelmed with feelings of sadness and anxiety. If she failed to unlock her powers at Mount Lanayru, her father would scold her, and she would let down all of Hyrule. She had only one week... One week to prove to her father, King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule, that she was strong... She called a meeting of the champions at the woods near the Sacred Ground, in front of Castle Town.

Revali was interested in Zelda's progress unlocking her powers. He remembered his own struggle to master Revali's Gale not too long ago. But Revali also had plenty else to think about. He needed to always be aware of his surroundings and be focused. The Calamity could strike at any moment in any shape or form after all... He had to be ready. He had to prove he was better than that luck-struck Hylian.... He noticed he had a message on his Sheikah Slate, telling him to come to the Sacred Ground.

Daruk felt quite bad that Zelda was having trouble... But he had to focus on one thing. Training! He had to train for the fight with Ganon so he could protect the people of Hyrule! He would gladly lay his own life on the line for the sake of the greater good. Daruk noticed there was a message on his Sheikah Slate, to come to the Sacred Ground. As a loyal champion of Hyrule, Daruk was on his way!

But before he left, he stopped to think. Sometimes he wondered, about the Calamity. Why was it called a Calamity, anyway? It had barely done any harm during it's first attack 10,000 years ago, so nobody really knew what damage it could do. It was the ancient sheikah who came up with the title. It was almost as if, they somehow saw the potential of... Oh nevermind, he thought, he had to get to the meeting on time.

Urbosa read the message about the meeting of the Champions. She was always overjoyed to see the others, especially Zelda. She really hoped Zelda could unlock her powers soon... It was hard to watch her with so many burderns on her shoulders at once...

Mipha saw the message, and told her father she would be heading out. Mipha looked forward to seeing Link. Only one week until she had to present the Zora Armor to him. She planned to do it after they all got back home from Mount Lanayru... If she had the courage too... She also didn't have the courage to tell Zelda the secret of how to unlock her powers, for it required thinking about the one you love, and Mipha was aware that Zelda probably had some feelings for Link, and she didn't want to start any conflicts...

Link got the message and he was on his way. His silence spoke volumes.

"You're here!" Zelda exclaimed when people began arriving.

"Hello there, little bird," Urbosa said.

Link walked over, silently as usual.

"'Sup little guy!" Daruk said to Link.

Mipha whispered some sort of greeting that was too quiet to hear.

And Revali muttered something about Link being incapable of fighting Ganon.

Everything was normal for once. 

The Calamity had yet to arrive, King Rhoam wasn't there to boss everyone around, there weren't any monsters to fight or villages to save..

It was just a group of six chosen heroes standing by some trees, feeling the summer breeze.

The Sky was a clear blue, with less clouds than usual for some strange reason. Suddenly the sky turned a shade of neon green, and everyone instantly knew something was wrong.

In the green sky, a mystical portal formed.

Before anyone could even begin to comprehend what was happening, the portal sucked up Princess Zelda and the five champions of Hyrule, whisking them off to somewhere far away.

Their fate was supposed to be to die at the hands of Calamity Ganon next week, but somehow their fate had been altered.

It seemed Link would never see his fellow knights again. It seemed Mipha would never see father, King Dorephan, or her little brother, Sidon, again. It seemed Urbosa would never see her subjects again. It seemed Daruk would never see his Goron brothers again. It seemed Revali would never see his Archer team again. It seemed Zelda would never see her father.

But maybe now, the four champions could survive, and Link and Zelda could live without grief?

They didn't know it yet, but soon they would find themselves living on Earth, where the humans live.