Chapter 5 - Hiding

Mipha was very worried about what was going to happen. Her destiny as a champion had been chucked out the window and she'd never see her father or brother again. She was now in a new world, and was apparently a game character made of nothing but digital data. Were her feelings for Link even real then? Was this all a dream? And also, there was a government organization wanting to capture and study her and her friends, and a group of cannibals who wanted their data.

Revali didn't admit it aloud, but he kinda wanted to thank Link. Link had given them fair warning about Mario's true intentions. They had fought their way out and helped some other unsuspecting victims escape. The other victims had gone their own way, and the champions were now hunting for a good spot to hide. 

Zelda wasn't quite sure what to focus on. How she looked, the fact she liked Link, the fact somebody else liked link, the fact she was no longer a princess, the fact she was in a new world, the fact she was a game character, the fact the government was after her, the fact cannibals wanted to eat her, the fact she would never see her father again, or..... the fact they needed a safe place to hide. Way too much to think about. Urbosa agreed. 

"I think I see somethin!" Daruk called out. Everyone ran over to Daruk, and they wandered toward another cave inside of a different mountain, this time an uninhabited one.

"Let's decorate it and get furniture!" Link exclaimed. "Make it our own house!"

"Yeah, this is big enough to be a six person home!" Urbosa agreed. "But maybe not enough room for six beds."

Everyone groaned in pain at this statement.

"Even if we could fit enough beds..." Revali said. "I still feel like this won't end well. It never does."

Meanwhile...

"Where the hell did those damned wretches go?" Johann Patterson demanded.

"We have no clue!" an agent replied. "They just vanished!"

"Cursed video game worlds!" muttered Johann. "They keep on dumping their wretched characters into our world, just for the stupid AU's where the character disappears! Ever since Darth Vader and Jack damn Sparrow showed up in town. Why Oakwood of all places? Why a freaking random midwestern city??? Maybe because we're all crazy here... Who knows... And everyone thinks we're just conspiracy theorists. The feds think this whole operation is a joke! I spend my own family estate's money funding our department, cause we can't even get funding from the feds! And this isn't a joke, there are real fictional characters threatening real people's lives! Like that Guardian stalker that went to my brother Jack's farm!"

"Sir!" an agent shouted.

"What is it?" Johann grumbled.

"We have a location for the champions! They were sighted as the base of Mount Avalanche! I think that's where those savage cannibal characters live!"

"Really?" Johann questioned with surprise. "If they went there, they'll be out of our hair in no time! Kinda sad to be honest... I wanted to have the final say on their fate... But no matter. We don't need to worry about them anymore. Search for some new characters, alright?"

This was good news for the Champions. The DIBC wouldn't be swarming all over town looking for them anymore. Link and Zelda just needed to cover up their ears, and get new outfits. Then they could to to the grocery store to buy food, and buy furniture at the furniture store.

They were a bit short on money originally, but luckily they had managed to steal a good $50,000 in cash from Mario's lair.  

Author's Note: This story was originally finished with around 20 chapters back in early 2021, however it is many opinion that many parts were rushed and were of low quality to satisfy demand and also an urge to get the writing over with. However, I have recently revisited these first 5 chapters and rewritten them. At some point in the future, I plan to rewrite and re-release the remaining chapters. Thank you for your patience. Sorry if the wait is long.