Chapter 8

Y/N L/N's POV:

Harry and I got to know each other better on our way to Care of Magical Creatures. As we approached Hagrid's hut we could see he looked nervous. He then spoke loudly so that everyone could hear "That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me. Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49." Malfoy of course didn't have his daily dose of being a smart ass so he spoke up "Exactly how do we do that?" "Just stroke the spine, of course." He said to Malfoy as though he was a first year who was extremely stupid. I had to cough to hide my laughter but Harry and I looked at each other and started laughing again. I was starting to like this side of Harry more and more by the second. "Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom" Hagrid said to Neville who was struggling to open his book without being cut to shreds. Harry and I let out a chuckle and opened our books while Neville said "I'm okay. Okay." The book opened its mouth and Nevilles robes got ripped. We all chose to ignore it and walked to a spot near the front. I then turned to Harry and said "I think they're funny." Malfoy seemed to want to be a smart ass today which made me want to punch him square in the nose. "Oh, yeah. Terribly funny. Witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until Father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes" Harry got angry at Malfoy for being rude to me and Hagrid and stepped up and said "Shut up, Malfoy." 'ooo's were heard from Malfoy's group which made Harry even more angry. Malfoy's expression suddenly changed to fear and he pointed above Harry and said "Dementor! Dementor!" I grabbed Harry's arm and turned around in fear as we were next to each other. We turned around to see nothing there. We heard Malfoy and his group laugh we turned back around to see that they were putting up their robe's hood and moving their hands trying to be creepy. I turned Harry around so he was facing the opposite direction and said "Just ignore him. He wants to be a bloody idiot" Harry chuckled and then stopped after a few seconds as we were greeted by Hagrid bringing an animal into the section we were in. "Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak." I couldn't help but smile at Hagrid's love for the animal. Harry then asked "Hagrid, exactly what is that?." Hagrid smiled at Harry before saying "That, Harry, is a hippogriff. First thing you wanna know about hippogriffs is that they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may be the last thing you ever do. Now, who'd like to come and say hello?" I didn't get the chance to step back and that was the same for situation for Harry. "Well done, Harry and Y/N. Well done. Come on now. Now... you have to let him make the first move. It's only polite. So... step up. Give him a nice bow. Then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch him. If not... Well, we'll get to that later. Just make your bow. Nice and low." Harry and I did as Hagrid told us. Suddenly Hagrid quickly said with panic in his voice "Back off, Harry and Y/N. Back off." I grabbed Harry's hand in fear. Many students gasped. He intertwined his fingers with mine trying to tell me that everything is ok. Hagrid kept instructing us by saying "Keep still. Keep still." Buckbeak bowed its head at us "Well done, Harry and Y/N. Well done. Here, you big brute, you" He said throwing Buckbeak a dead squirrel which was not a pretty site. Right. I think you can go and pat him now. Go on. Don't be shy. Nice and slow, now. Nice and slow. Slow." We again followed Hagrid's instructions. I forgot that Harry and I's hands were still intertwined and I blushed at the sight and I think I spotted Harry blushing too. "Not so fast, Harry and Y/N. Slow down, Harry and Y/N. That's it...Nice and slow." I was getting scarred by the second. My heart was ponding in my chest. "Now let him come to you. Slowly, now, slowly, slowly..." We both reached let go of our hands and reached out to touch Buckbeak. "That's it... Yes!" Buckbeak had let us touch him. I guess I would be living till the day I have children. "Well done! Well done, Harry and Y/N, well done!" I then looked at Buckbeak and asked Hagrid "Does he get to fly?" He said "All of the time. Speaking of which I think he may let you ride him now." Harry and I looked at each other and widened our eyes before saying "What?!." Hagrid rolled his eyes and said "Come on." He picked us up like we were feathers. Harry and I started saying "Hey, hey, hey!" Hagrid ignored him and said "Put you over here, just behind the wing joint. Don't pull out any of his feathers, because he won't thank you for that." I was behind Harry and before we had time to protest Hagrid pulled one of Buckbeak's feathers and we were off. I wrapped my arms around Harry's toned waist while I blushed like crazy. Harry placed a hand over my hands which and said "Hey. It gonna be ok. Hold on to me and everything will be fine" I smiled and blushed and intertwined our hands which I know was I big shot but oh well "Thanks Harry" He smiled back. By the time we were up we were back down. Hagrid greeted us "Well done, Harry and Y/N, and well done, Buckbeak." Cheers were heard from the Gryffindors while Harry and I looked at each other happy to be alive. Malfoy and the other Slytherins weren't happy about the situation before and Malfoy said "Oh, please." We ignored him which got him mad but we didn't care. Harry and I then remembered we were alive so we hugged each other swagging as we did so. We pulled away both blushing. We went up to Hagrid to say how well the class is but he asked "Well done, well done. How am I doing me first day?" Harry and I smiled at each other and I said "Brilliant, professor." I then heard Malfoy say to Buckbeak "Yes you're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute!" I looked at Hagrid who was already on the scene. "Malfoy, no..." Hagrid shouted. Malfoy got a little cut on his arm and was rolling around on the ground in 'pain'. Hagrid then said "Buckbeak! Whoa, whoa, whoa... Whoa! Buckbeak! Away, you silly creature!" Harry and I looked at each other worried for Hagrid's teaching privileges. Malfoy was still carrying on "It's killed me! It's killed me!" Hagrid rolled his eyes at Malfoy's behaviour and said "Calm down! It's just a scratch!." Hagrid didn't know what to do so I said 'Hagrid! He has to be taken to the hospital." Hagrid nodded his head and said "I'm the teacher. I'll do it." he picked Malfoy up and started walking away while Malfoy's voice was still heard "You're gonna regret this." Hagrid ignored him and said "Class dismissed!." Malfoy continued complaining by saying "You and your bloody chicken!." Everyone had left the class while Harry and I stayed behind to take care of Buckbeak. Buckbeak knocked his head on Harry's head while Hagrid and Malfoy were out of ears way when I looked at Harry, he looked at me and we both started laughing at what had just happened. Malfoy deserved it though.

______________________

Hey Loves! More DRAMA!!!! I am going to be starting a new book so please write down what fan fictions you would like to see. For example; Cobra Kai, Vampire Diaries, a different Harry Potter one (If you would like a Harry Potter one please include the love interest.

Stay Safe,

_fredweasley

~~~~~~~~~~~~

1386 Words