Chapter 1

COLE

        It was Monday morning in no time. Mom and I had shifted from LA to California just a week ago and it was already my first day at a new school. To say that I was a nervous reck would be an understatement. You see, I'm not really an outgoing person, making me dread this day. I preferred staying home and jamming to some oldies or chilling and watching Netflix with my dog, Casper, not going out into an entirely new school and socialising with people.

      So after procrastinating A LOT, I got up and it took me about 30 minutes to get ready, leaving me with  an hour before my first class. So i sat with my mom and we enjoyed some eggs and bacon, chit chatting about all kinds of nonsense. "So, are you excited for your first day, honey?". "I guess. I mean, yeah, I'm excited but also kind of nervous.. You know how I am" I shrugged. She slightly chuckled at that and said, "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends. You just got to have some confidence in yourself." she winked. Since my dad died when I was only about 7 years old, it's just been us both. Not gonna lie, it hasn't been easy considering that my mom too has been sick since the last 5 years, suffering from cancer. Because of this, I've always been running back and forth from school, classes and taking care of my mom, hardly leaving any free time for myself. But I wouldn't change a thing about us. Going through so much has only made the two of us stronger.

       After about 20 minutes, I left home and drove to school, not wanting to be late for my first day. After reaching, I realised that it was already too late. I was 20 minutes late to my first class. "Shit. There goes my day" I muttered to myself. So i rushed through the hallways, trying my best to find my way to the office to get my schedule. But while running around, my clumsy, stupid self bumped into someone. 

        "Watch where you're going, ass!" I heard someone say. Looking up, I was genuinely surprised. I figured it was probably some rude jock but it turned out to be a really beautiful girl. She had straight, jet black her with streaks of red seen in the sun, tied in a high ponytail. She was wearing a leather jacket and a white t-shirt, with a pair of black jeans. She was absolutely gorgeous. "What the hell are you staring at?!" This made me snap out of my thoughts and I finally managed to collect myself after a couple of minutes and blurted out, "u-uh-um..I'm so sorry, I was trying to find my way to the office, I didn't realise how fast i was going." "Well, that's not my problem now, is it?" she raised an eyebrow at me, as if asking me to challenge her. Now, I may be an introvert and not gel that well with everyone but that doesn't mean I let people just walk all over me. "Well it kind of is considering that I already apologised. Now you could've just said it's cool and got this over with but if you wanna take this the hard way, I don't mind." She looked stunned, to say the least. I guess she just wasn't used to people talking back to her. She was about to say something when the realisation of what I was about to do came crashing down on me. I quickly muttered a 'sorry' and ran off, leaving her speechless. This was going to be a GREAT day! (note the obvious sarcasm;)

.

.

.

.

.

(ik it's not that great but I'm trying my best considering my exams are next week but whatever haha this is wayy more fun. hope you like it;)