C h a p t e r T w e n t y T w o

© Amber Kalkes 2015

Song: "The Moon Song" By Karen O & Ezra Koenig

*Sexual Content

C h a p t e r T w e n t y T w o >

Robin feels Luke’s wolf slow down in speed but refuses to open up her eyes. She thought she could handle it but after about five minutes on his back she knew she was going to throw up. Now she’s resolved not to open her eyes until the choice of transportation has come to a complete stop.

A low whine from Luke has popping one eye open to peek though; just to be sure it really is over. When she sees the earth below them isn’t moving she open the other and lets out a shaky exhale. She decides right then and there she isn’t going to do this again. Hell no.

Forcing her hands to relax Robin slowly takes her arm off from around his neck and slowly sits back. Luke, to his credit is patient and waits for her to collect herself before she slides off his back. As Robin stumbles onto her feet she clutches her stomach and wills herself to not take another look at her birthday cake.

Another low whine gets her attention and she forces a smile. “I’m fine. I just got a little motion sickness is all.”

Luke sits back on his butt and tilts his white furred head at her. Feeling her smile lip she grimaces a little as she reaches back to take the backpack off her back. Unzipping it she pulls out Luke’s clothes and tosses them on the ground. He looks at the clothes and back at her before barking.

Huffing a laugh she rolls her eyes. “Its not that I don’t like you naked, honey but I want to be able to see my new house without distraction.”

He rolls his eyes but dutifully grabs his clothes in his jaws before walking off a few feet away. With a smile Robin turns towards her back to him and in the process faces her new house. She lets out a small gasp at the sight of it because despite its modesty it’s perfect.

It’s a white doublewide trailer with black painted window frames. A small wooden porch, obviously her dad’s doing, is painted white and leads the way to the front door of the house. Without really thinking about it Robin starts walking towards the house but is stopped at the sound of Luke’s voice.

“You gonna wait for me?”

Stopping she smirks at him over her shoulder, “Well you were taking so long.”

“Sure I was. I think you were just to eager.”

“Maybe.” She says with a slight shrug. “I’ve never had a house like this to call my own. I can’t help myself if I’m excited.”

“No I guess not.” He chuckles before suddenly dipping down and sweeping her off her feet. Robin lets out a little scream in surprise but he shuts her up quick with a swift kiss. “Shh. You’ll wake the neighbors.”

“Sure I will.” She drawls with an eye roll. “I’m sure the deer and birds will be mighty spooked. Probably move due to the misfits who just moved in. Who do we think we are?”

“As you said a pair of misfits.”

“Well there goes the neighborhood.”

Luke laughs and Robin gets a little lost in the way it really brightens up his face. She’s sure that Luke hasn’t been much of a smiley guy most of his life but she can’t imagine why, not when it looks so handsome on him. She’s so lost that thought actually she doesn’t realize he’s been walking towards the house until he stops walking and shifts her in his arms.