Day 1

Y/n had spent three days alone out there. Running for his life, running away from danger, never stopping to kill a walker in his way. He just ran. During those three exhausting days before the barn he knew, he knew it was his fault. He was the reason his Mother and Father got torn to shreds, and he would never forgive himself for that.

"It's my fault! They're gone because of me. I'm the reason we got kicked out so its my fault that they're dead." He cried, his tears running down his face.

"No, no, no don't say that. It isn't your fault." Andrea said. She kneeled down and comforted the young boy.

"Did you say kicked out? Who kicked you out? And for what?" Hershel asked.

"I c-can't tell you. If I do you'll definitely get rid of me." He sniffled.

"It's okay. You can tell us, we wont get rid of you." Hershels voice was calm and sincere.

"Really?"

"Really"

Y/n's e/c eyes looked at the people around him and swallowed. "I-i. . . I like boys." He confessed, his voice was quiet but everyone there heard it. Andrea hugged the boy, her hands rubbing his back soothingly. She turned her head and looked at Rick and Shane. "We are not kicking him out." She said. Rick put a hand to his holster and gave her a nod.

"I'll take him to Lori. He can be with her and Carl while the rest of you deal with Randall." Rick put his hand on y/n's shoulder and led him away to the campsite.

"You stay here with Lori, okay. I promise we won't get rid of you." He reassures. Y/n gave a nod. He watched Rick walk away, once he left his line of sight he walked to where Lori was. Lori gave him a friendly smile and continued to do whatever she actually does. The person with her though peaked his interest, he was quiet for the most part and he was the only person who hasn't talked to y/n. Maggie was nice, T-dog was funny so is Glenn, and Dale was nice to be around even if you don't have anything to say. But Carl, Carl was a whole can of worms that you haven't seen yet.

He was barely older than you, but he gave off this demeanor that made it seem like he's lived his whole life in this apocalypse. So you can imagine his surprise when Carl sat next to him. There was an awkward silence at first, but as y/n continued to write in one of his many journals he noticed Carl looking at him every once in a while.

He thought this would go on for the rest of the time there but he heard Carl clear his throat. "So... What are the journals for?"

Y/n looked at him quizzically. "It's just a hobby. I just like to write about things." He answered quietly.

"I knew that, I heard you talking to Maggie earlier. I wanted to know about what you write about." Carl looked at the many books in y/n's bag. Seeing this the h/c-ette/blond took out five journals.

"This blue one is kind of like a diary, I write about whats happened to me in their. I just think that it'll be important one day, kind of like a record of our history. . ." y/n slowly flipped through the pages, it was evident in the pages that he's been writing in it way before the world ended.

"This red one is about plants and animals, it helped me survive out there. The yellow one has random stuff in it like how to build basic things like levers and chemistry. The black one is just more random stuff." Carl listened closely to what y/n said.

"And this leather one has all the stories of people i've met. It even has other things in their like how old they are and small details like that." Y/n smiled as he looked through the book. Every once in a while a photo of a person would appear, y/n's melancholy expression painted across his face.

"How did you get all of this? Its pretty cool and they look like you wrote them yourself." Carl pointed out.

"I didn't do it myself at first. Lots of people helped me with it." He explained. "They kept me safe, they taught me things, and they were. . .like family to me." Tears welled up in his eyes.

Carl frowned at y/n's sad expression. "Well your here now aren't you? We can be your new family now."

Y/n gave a sad smile as he wiped his tears away. "I wish you could. . . I like you guys. Your nice to me but. . . I won't live for long." Y/n gazed into the sunset.

"T-thats not true!" Carl grabbed his hand giving it a soft squeeze.

"But it is true Carl. . . your strong I can see that, I'm not. I got my parents killed; My mother died saving me all because I panicked."

"Then I'll protect you! I'll keep you safe."

"Thank you Carl but you shouldn't have to be my knight in shining armour."

"Then let's be friends first." Carl smiled.

"I'd like that" y/n smiled.

The moon was up, casting an eerie glow over the farm. Carl and y/n were sitting on the front steps while the adults were talking in the living room. They were quietly talking until Dale angrily left the house. Y/n quickly grabbed Carol's arm before she got away.

"What happened in there?"

Carol gave him a sad look before saying "It's nothing you need to worry yourself about."

Y/n unsatisfied with the answer hesitantly let go of Carol's arm and watched as everybody went their seperate ways. Y/n turned to Carl. "Can I stay with you. . . I have a bad feeling that somethings going to happen." Carl gave him a nod and started walking to his tent.

It was calm and quiet, the moon was big and full in the night sky. It was peaceful. But it could only be peaceful for so long.

"AAGGHHH!!"

__________________________________________

Hey y'all wassup sorry this one is shorter but trust the process so I'll see y'all in the next one.