Day 2

"AHHHH!" The yell echoed throughout the farm. Everybody immedietely shot up and ran towards the noise.

Y/n was shaking as he got closer to the source of the noise. His breathing started to get uneven and his vision fuzzy. He was about to get a panic attack until he felt someone squeeze his hand. He looked to his left and saw Carl holding it. Y/n immedietely calmed down and gave a squeeze back.  When they finally got to it y/n shut his eyes and held onto Carl. The sight infront of them was terrifying, Dale howled in pain. His guts strewn across the floor as he bled to death. His eyes were filled with horror as he stared at the people around him.

Everything that came after was a blur. All you remember hearing was the gunshot and the ringing in your ears.

The air the next day hung heavy. Everyone was shaken, you may not have known Dale well but you could tell that he was a nice man. Everybody tried to push forward, Carl was being even more snarky than usual. Even though you've only known him for a short while, y/n could tell that Carl wasn't normally like this. You saw Carl talking to Shane, you didn't want to interrupt so you just watvhed their conversation from afar. Their mouths were too far to read from where y/n sat, but he could tell it was something serious. Carl gave something to Shane, from where y/n sat he couldn't make it out but it almost looked like a. . . gun.

After Shane walked away y/n quickly ran to Carl. "H-hey Carl. You've been acting pretty weird since what happened." He said.

Carl looked at him "It's nothing you need to know about."

"B-but I could help you." Y/n said.

"What can you help me with. Your barely my age!" Carl sneered. "If anybody needs help, you do! Your the one whose needed it your entire life!" Carl snapped.

"Your parents are dead because you couldn't help yourself!" Carl yelled.

Y/n took a sharp breath at that. Carl's face was filled with regret.

"I-I'm sorry I di-" Carl said before he got cutoff.

"Forget it. I'm just gonna g-go. . ." y/n shakily said. His eyes were brimming with tears and he blinked them away as fast as he could.

Carl tried to say something but the h/c (-ette/blonde/etc) left before he could.

Y/n ran back to the barn with his spear. He looked down at his feet and everything caught up to him. The tears came rushing out, he sobbed quietly on the floor of the barn alone.

He heard some footsteps enter the barn as his cries turned into quiet sniffles. Y/n kept his eyes on his hands, his grip on his spear was tight. The person who entered the barn walked slowly towards him and sat down next to them. There was a moment of silence and the tension was thick, until he spoke.

"I'm the reason Dale died." He said.

This was a shock to Y/n. He looked next to him in surprise and saw Carl, looking guilty as he looked at his hands.

"I went into the woods and found a walker stuck in the mud. He couldn't move so I threw rocks at him." Carl continued.

"It eventually got put and attacked me. I got away before it could bite me, but it followed me here and killed Dale." Carl confessed.

Y/n kept his eyes on Carl's unmoving figure. It got quiet again but y/n turned away from Carl and put his spear next to him.

"I couldn't kill a walker too you know." Y/n spoke up. "My parents, when they turned. I. . . I couldn't do it." Y/n said.

"I regret it. I wish I did it so they wouldn't have to be like that for the rest of their lives." Y/n muttered. Y/n could feel the tears welling up in his eyes. He was sure he was gonna cry again until he felt someone grab his hand.

He looked to Carl again as he gave his hand a reasurring squeeze.

"I'm sorry I said that to you." Carl said. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It's okay." Y/n responded.

"How 'bout we make a deal. We never let our friends and family turn and we always protect each other." Carl said, putting up his pinky.

Y/n gave a smile and connected his pinky to Carls.

"Deal."

==================================
Hey guys long time no see. Sorry that this one is reallllllyyyyyy short, I had to make this one shorter since it made no sense to stretch this one out longer than it needs to be. I'll try to keep it a little bit longer and get it out faster, but no promises. See ya!