Chapter 1 - The 1st of September

Pansy's pov  _________

Pansy's pov
_________

"Pansy" I heard a voice behind me. Draco was dressed head to toe in an inky black suit.
His platinum hair was combed neatly and he carried no luggage with him, not surprising as he usually forced one of his goonies to do that for him. There wasn't a shred of warmth in his voice or his face, and he stuck out like a sore thumb among the bright smiling faces and friendly reunions.

"Draco." I replied with a painful smile. He leant forward and planted a quick, hard kiss on my lips. His lips were colder than I remembered. He released a grip on my arm which I hadn't noticed until I felt the bruise beginning to form. I waited until Draco had looked away to wince and rub my arm on the mark he left.

"Let me take this." He said hefting up my weathered trunk before quickly dropping it into Goyle's arms. Goyle was already lugging Draco's chest and was dressed in his uniform and robes, which he did every year as to avoid missing out on any precious moments of sleep during the train ride there.

"Hi Goyle" I said with a smile. Everyone liked Goyle, no matter how much of a push over he was.
"Hey Pans!" He grinned back at me "I'd give you a hug if it wasn't for you know-" He gestured the best he could towards mine and Draco's baggage balancing in his arms with a wobble.

"Sorry" I grimaced as I stepped forward to help him before Draco roughly grabbed my shoulder. "Let him struggle" he whispered with a smirk "It's funny."
He chuckled as he watched Goyle sway in a failed attempt to save the cage of Draco's eagle owl from clattering to the floor, from the top of the haphazard pile. It squawked angrily and shook its charcoal feather indignantly, its amber eyes shining with rage.

"Sorry Draco!" Goyle winced, as though Draco would hit him. Draco hid a laugh as he nudged my shoulder, before huffing in response "Fix it." he said. He wrapped his long arm around my waist and gripped hard before tugging me towards the train.

I turned around once more as I was dragged towards a compartment, holding my breath for Goyle before I recognised a robed Crabbe helping Goyle with the load. 'God what I would do to swap places with one of them' I thought 'Anything would be better than being trapped here with Draco'

___________

Draco's pov

Only once settled in the darkest, coldest compartment on the whole train did I truly feel satisfied, knowing that the trolley witch would never venture down this way

Only once settled in the darkest, coldest compartment on the whole train did I truly feel satisfied, knowing that the trolley witch would never venture down this way. I wanted my privacy, especially from that old hag. I opened the blinds slightly to watch the rain streak it's way down the window, the weather matching my mood. It would be safe to say that I am not looking forward to another year at Hogwarts.

Pansy sat opposite me looking down at her hands on the table, her chopped black hair feathering her face. The dull light from the window was warped by the blinds, casting pretty patterns across her pale skin. Just as I opened my mouth to say something the compartment door opened revealing Blaise as I silently cursed him.

"Draco." he said politely. "Pans!" he broke out into a grin and slid along the wooden bench next to her. God I hate that nickname.
"Blaise!" she smiled, warmth filling her voice as she wrapped her arms around his neck for a quick hug. Blaise kept his hand on her waist, even after the embrace had ended. The real of curses in my head intensified as I scoffed although they continued to ignore me as they prattled on about their summers.

After what seemed like hours Blaise seemed to remember I was present, and turned to me with a smile on his face "So what did you do over summer Draco?" I took in the sight of Pansy's laughing face and Blaise's sickly sweet grin all whilst blood roared in my ears. I stood up with a bang, making Pansy jump, which I slightly regretted, before roughly sliding the compartment door open. "I'm going to put my robes on, I suggest you two do the same." I said my voice shaking slightly. I stormed out of our compartment, memories of summer violently flashing in my head.

________

first chapter and I hope you like it! Just warning anyone who reads this fic that although this takes place in sixth year it will not follow the original storyline and the characters will probably have slightly different personalities than in the original books. (Hope you don't hate me for it!)  and finally thank you to anyone reading this right now, I love you lots!!  - 735 words in this chapter.