Chapter 8 - Charity Work

Pansy's pov:

Pansy's pov:

"You really are rather terrible at this, Pans." Blaise smirked as the foreign liquid in my cauldron, bubbling and hissing as it turned a horrid brown.
I rolled my eyes as I glanced at his, a white potion so smooth, not a single ripple damaged its pristine surface.

"I'd keep quiet if I were you Blaise, I'd hate to see you have to attend this halloween ball all by yourself." I laughed as his cheeks blushed. "Would be terribly embarrassing, don't you think?"

"Oh shut it." He grumbled, before turning around to lecture Theodore Nott for attempting to copy his notes. I took my opportunity, and a rather large handful of gillyweed sunk below the flawless exterior of his potion.

He turned around then, narrowly missing the fate that had bestowed his potion. "Besides Pansy, you'd never do that. You and I both know you're dying to go to the ball with me."

"Oh you are sorely mistaken, Blaise. See there's only one real reason why I agreed."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yes."
He watched me, waiting.
"Charity work, obviously."

He scoffed. "Very funny."
"No, I'm being completely serious. I heard Slughorn invited a few ministry officials to observe prospects, and I believe it would look absolutely wonderful on my application, no?"

He glared then before dropping a spoonful of dittany extract into my already hazardous mixture. I smirked and nodded towards his; now a blue, smoking liquid. "Do keep up, Blaise. You're too late."

"Huh? Oh Pansy you conniving little-"
He was cut off by a sharp hiss as a bunch of unicorn hair vanished, and his brew turned a bubblegum pink.

"Hey! Not again!" We glared at each other for a moment, before both lunging for the ingredient table.

A scraping of Mandrake skin. A drop of dragons blood. A bottle of acromantula venom. Bane berry, bat spleen, and bundimun secretion. Dandelion root, doxy egg, and dragon claw.

Deep black, burning red, sickly yellow. The stenches we created clashed violently with each other as smoke whirled and pops and bangs whizzed around the room.

Blaise elbowed passed me in a rush for a stinking bowl of flobberworm mucus.
"Hey! That's not very gentlemanly!"
He pointed to my face.
"Not very ladylike of you, either."
I reached up and discovered the slimy trial of frogs eye that Blaise had managed smeared on my cheek. I scraped it off my face, and without breaking eye contact, wiped it directly down his new robes. It was fruitless to fight the grin on my face as he blanched.

"That's it!" he lunged at me, grabbing my waist and throwing me carelessly over his shoulder.
"Blaise Zambini you put me down right this instance!" I writhed and struggled, yet the laugh that bubbled out of me was only encouragement for his strong arms to hold my legs tighter to his body.
He tripped and stumbled around, breathless from laughter, "In your dreams, Parkinson. Hold on tighter."

He charged through the classroom, leaving a path of destruction in his wake. Cauldron spilled and ingredients smashed to the ground. I shrieked, holding onto him desperately as I bobbed up and down on his shoulder.
Both of us were oblivious to the other student in our class, too wrapped up in our joy and laughter and jokes and play-fights to notices their disapproving glares. Too absorbed in each other, even, to notice the professor cloaked in black who had just happened to enter the classroom.

"Parkinson. Zambini." His voice was dangerously low.
Blaise stopped abruptly, almost sliding into another pair's cauldron.
Blaise's eyes widened and he dropped me next to him like a sack of potatoes, our hysterics leaving as fast as they had arrived.
"Oi." I grumbled as quietly as possible, whilst we both straightened our uniform to the best of our ability.

"10 points from Slytherin. Each." Professor Snape was paler than i'd ever seen him, and he seemed to almost shake with his own rage. "And detention for the rest of the month, the both of you." With that he flicked his wand once, draining both of our precarious potions and exited the dungeon with a bang of the heavy wooden door.

"Oh we are so fucked, Pansy."

_________

706 words - I haven't updated in ages but I GOT MY FIRST COMMENTS AND I HIT 1K READS!!!!!!!!!!!  IM LITERALLY SO HAPPY I WISH I COULD THANK YOU ALL PERSONALLY I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH and from now on i promise i'll try and update more frequently! - frey