Chapter 3. Bianaflors and Unhappy Endings

*Biana's P.O.V.*

Dear Diary,

Tam arrived at Everglen the next day. He was unusually happy and he smelt of burned mallowmelt. I tried not to giggle when he handed me a box with hot mallowmelt -that wasn't burned. He mumbled a quiet sorry for being eleven minutes late. He was so dramatic, I mean come on, I could wait a few minutes. Especially for him. But, since the incident in agriculture, how could I have a teeny chance of him liking me a bit? Linh had told me that no boy could not like me and that she knew someone who did. But she couldn't say who. I was hoping a tiny bit that it was Tam but it was probably  not him. It couldn't be. Tam liked no one. How could he- with his intimidating eyes and strong stare- like a girl? It was impossible. 

" Biana? Um, are you alright?"

"Oh yes, sorry?"

"I went to Sophie's house before and Edaline helped us make mallowmelt."

"Thank you, Tam, I said coldly. 

 I froze. I was devastated. Tam had been with Sophie! I thought that he had never been there. He liked Sophie. I was sure. They had been making mallowmelt together. I felt anger boil inside of me. Why? How could Sophie do this to me? She had assured me that Tam and I would be so cute together and that I should tell him. But, now, she did this

Tam looked surprised, "Do you want to start the project?"

"Yes, let's go in the garden."

"Which beautiful plant do you want to choose?"

"I don't mind, you choose", I managed, on the verge of tears. 

I quickly turned away so that Tam could not sea the tears rolling down my pink cheeks. I quickly wiped them with my sleeve.

"How about, Bianaflors?"

"Excuse me, I didn't understand, I snivelled"

"They are a variety I created, I named them after you... Hey, are you okay, Biana?"

"Oh really, thanks. Yes, I'm fine"

"Flor means flower in spanish, Sophie told me."

Ugh. Sophie again. Always Sophie. The hero, the main character in this story. I took a deep breath.

"Yes, let's plant them."

We found a perfect patch of fertile ground in the garden and took some soil to put in an exquisite glass case that mom provided. It came with a beautiful key that I kept. We planted the seeds and showered them with pure water. Sprouts began to grow. In one week they would bloom and we could take it to agriculture. I decided that I would add extra decorations y myself, I needed to be away from Tam.

"Thank you very much Tam!" 

"He gave a shy smile"

He probably felt that this was my way to ask him to leave, so he got up, a hurt expression on his face.

"Goodbye Biana."

He said that with so much emotion that I felt like I was in one of Sophie's human movies with sad music and moving pictures.

He replied and restrained myself from hugging him.

As soon as he was gone I went to my room and cried on my pillow. I ate all of the mallowmelt and decided to read a human book that Sophie had lent me. It was about a girl who was in love with a boy, but their families hated each other. The book was very old and it was from someone called William Shakespeare. Apparently he was a famous human. I put the key next to the book but stopped reading it. It was too sad. I didn't need anymore unhappy endings right now.