Chapter 14- Hogsmede

How do you make a group of Gryffindors and Slytherins friends?

Easy answer: you don't.

I woke up like any other morning. Ron rolled me onto the floor, I bruised my hip, and Draco was just a teeny-tiny bit kinder to me.

The plan for the day was to meet up with Zambini and Parkinson, at Hogsmede. Draco and I really wanted them to get along, so we were going to split off into groups of two; one of each. It would also give us an opportunity to sort things out without our friends being suspicious.

I've never put much thought into my clothes before, but I felt like this mattered more for some reason.

I had a striped, red jumper and a plain green one laid on my bed. They both looked fine, but I just couldn't decide. Ron tapped my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" He signed, while looking at the two shirts.

I sighed, "Trying to figure out which jumper to wear."

He raised an eyebrow, "Why does it matter? Obviously the red one, the green one looks sickly." I nodded, then I felt a tap on my other arm.

It was Draco, he appeared to have been watching our encounter. "Merlin no, you look awful in red, plus green matches your eyes."

I slid on the green one, and Draco turned back to his bed. Ron looked hurt, "Hey, I'm your best mate here. Why'd you go with him?"

"No offense, but you have the fashion sense of a snail."

He groaned, "First a teaspoon, now a snail... I can't stand you both sometimes."

"Oh no you don't, you love us."

"Sadly, I have to agree." He continued getting ready.

--------------

"There you boys are, we're already late. Come on!" Hermione tapped her foot at the bottom of the stairs in the entrance hall.

"Look, I'm sorry... this one took forever to get ready," Ron pointed at me.

"Huh, that's a first," she gave me the side-eye, "Well now that you're fine let's get going. I don't want a pack of Slytherins to show us up."

We started out the door, "They really aren't that bad you know," I said in what I hoped was a convincing manner.

"Mate, you haven't even met his friends yet. They could be total pillocks, for all you know," he retorted.

"Actually, I talked to them on the train before school started." They both looked at me skeptically, "What? I walked into the wrong compartment and bam! They knew sign language, of course, I had some questions."

Hermione rolled her eyes, "I'm surprised that hasn't gotten you killed yet."

"Believe me, so am I." I saw the three snakes up ahead, perched by the back entrance to town. I waved to them, only Draco waved back. "See," I chuckled nervously, "they're all fine."

Ron scoffed, "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

Both Ron and Hermione seemed to be looking everywhere but ahead of them. This was going to go terribly.

Draco caught my eye, and I noticed my pace speed up just a little bit. I halted in front of the three of them; my friends stopped just behind that. We stood there just for a minute; I suddenly had nothing to say.

Parkinson piped up first, "Well, as lovely as this has been, I need to go holiday shopping so shall we split off?"

Finally, the lump in my throat dissipated. I signed and spoke at the same time, "Yeah I was thinking we could go in pairs. Since Hermione and Parkinson are girls they could go off and since Draco and I are are already friends we could too. That would just leave you two," I pointed to Zambini and Ron.