5. On the Wrong Foot

Rich was shouting at Mara as he followed her. "Hey, girlfriend, let us make peace, not war! Never mind the pictures of his back; I will surely enjoy them too!"

Mara tapped the guy's shoulder as she started talking to him. "Excuse me, Mister! We also paid to see the game. It would help if you were considerate of those seated at the back. You don't need to stand up the entire game, so you know!"

Mara was trying to see the guy face to face, but the guy looked the other way and acted as if he was covering his ears every time Mara started talking. And he started talking in Korean.

 나는 당신을들을 수 없습니다

(I can't hear you)

먼저 내 사진첩 마

(Stop taking my pictures first)

Mara yelled at the guy, confused by what the guy was saying. "I can't understand what you are saying! We want to see the game too!"

Rich was so embarrassed seeing how Mara was yelling at the guy. Since his mother is Korean, he understood everything the guy said. "So sorry! My girlfriend here is just not a Curry fanatic like us!"

The guy looked at Rich; hearing him say that Mara is his girlfriend, he also replied to Rich in Korean.

그녀는 내 사진이 아니라 당신의 사진을 찍어야 합니다

(She should take your pictures, not mine)

Rich replied to him in Korean. 

안녕하세요. 어떻게 지내세요

(Hello, How are you doing?)

한국 사람이에요? 저도 한국인입니다.

(Are you Korean? I am Korean too.)

Mara realized that Rich and the guy were talking in Korean. So she faced Rich with an upset face.
"What are you saying? Do you understand him?"

"Relax, girlfriend! We need an ally more than making an enemy here now!" answered Rich.

내 이름은 Rich입니다.

( My name is Rich)

Rich offered his hand as he introduced himself. But the other guy watching Mara all this time was the one who accepted Rich's hand.

"안녕하세요 제 이름은 jang이고 저는 Josh입니다. 우리는 휴가를 위해 여기에 있습니다."
(Hello My name is Jang, and this is my friend Josh. We are here for vacation.)

Mara, who was confused, asked Rich. "What is happening? I can't understand what you guys are saying!"

The guy who was covering his ears answered Mara. "I can speak English too! He said his name is Jang, and I am Josh, his friend."

"Thank Goodness!" Mara stared at the guy. "Looks like Rich forgot I am with him and is getting chummy with your friend."

Rich dragged Mara towards him and tried to show her face to Jang. "By the way, my friend Mara lives in Boston, and I am here for vacation, too. It's exciting that we get to meet new friends who are also Koreans like me!"

"So they are our friends now, Rich? Are you for real?" Mara asked in a mocking tone. Rich put his hand on Mara's mask to stop her from talking.

Rich winked at Mara and whispered to her. "Friend, it's better to spread love than hate! Besides, by the looks of their great bodies, we will benefit from being their friend than their enemy. Never mind their faces, since we all wear masks, anyway!"

"Seriously, friend?" Mara asked Rich.

"Yes, I am serious. Like the emergency room, serious! And it's more fun to watch if it's more than the two of us!" Rich replied.

"Okay, if you say so! But I won't take pictures anymore," said Mara as she started walking back to their seats.

Clapping his hands, Rich agreed with Mara and followed her. "No need! Watching my idol in action is way better!"

As they reached their seats, Jang called them out. "Rich and Mara, join us here. There are vacant seats anyway."

Upon hearing Jang, Rich pushed Mara back to the front, where Josh was seated. "Thanks, Jang! You are the best!"

"Rich and Jang seemed to hit off immediately!" Josh said as he looked at Mara.

Mara nodded. "Yes, I guess so! Are you a Steph Curry fanatic too? Or is it Jang?"

Josh looked at her and answered in a louder but excited voice. "Both of us! It's me more, and he is just being a good friend giving me company. He is my vacation buddy."

Mara smiled at Josh. "I see. Same with Rich and me. So sorry about a while ago. I was taking pictures of Curry for Rich, not your back. I meant I wasn't taking pictures of you on purpose."

Josh laughed. "It's okay! I am sorry too! I guess it was rude of me to yell at you after assuming you are taking my pictures."

"Now we are good, right?" Mara tried to look at Josh's face. 

Let us shake hands to make sure we are now okay?" and she reached her hand to Josh.

Josh gave his hand to Mara. "Okay, we are good! Now we can all enjoy the game!"

***