Chapter 7: Under the Lunar Rainbow

There has been one question that I find some readers asking. Why did Sesshomaru have to get deathly injured and not Rin? Well, the answer to that is that I'm sick and tired of the whole 'damsel in distress' thing. You see it WAY too many times on the actual show and manga of 'Inuyasha' where Rin gets abducted MANY times and Sessho has to save her, and same thing goes for Inu and Kagome. I'm just sick of it and thought I could do something new!

I am soooo touched by my reviewers! I just want to thank all of you soooo much! I love you all! sniff sob

Disclaimer: pouting I don't own anything that belongs to Inuyasha, but this is my story dammit all!

Oh, and one more thing: R: Rin/ RC: Rin's conscience/ S: Sesshomaru/ SC: Sesshomaru's conscience/ You'll know what it means in the story!

Chapter 7- Under the Lunar Rainbow
"Sleep now my Rin. I love you." Sesshomaru whispered to himself more than to her. Rin automatically snuggled into his warmth.

Now, things were starting to stitch back together.

As the early morning sun shone through the window, the sleeping figure known as Sesshomaru rested peacefully on the bed. His peaceful breathing, the rise and fall of his chest as he slept, and the chirping of the morning birds from outside were all in rhythm with each other. Nothing went undisturbed, until Sesshomaru felt a stinging sensation on his neck.

Acting on reflex, Sesshomaru's right hand flew up and slapped his neck. When he slowly opened his eyes and gazed at his palm, he smirked. "I should have known."

"Ugh, greetings and salutations, Lord Sesshomaru." Myoga said as he wafted into Sesshomaru's palm.

"Myoga, what a pleasant visit, but surprisingly, I was actually expecting you." Sesshomaru said sarcastically.

Myoga straightened himself out and cleared his throat. "Yes, well, I understand that you would. Master Inuyasha and Lady Kagome had given me careful instructions not to wake you as I drained the poison from your veins, and I have to admit, since you do have you father's delicious blood, I just couldn't help myself to some. But all is forgiven I hope?"

"Wrong timing to be truthful, old flee." Sesshomaru slapped his hands together, crushing Myoga. Myoga stumbled and rubbed his head. "I guess I deserve that for my pureblood-addicted self. Although, I did get most of the poison out of your system, your body can fight off whatever's left." Myoga pointed to a bucket that was filled halfway with a dark purple-red liquid.

Sesshomaru's stomach lurched. "Is that the poison?" He asked. Myoga nodded. "Be grateful I got here as soon as I could or that poison would've traveled throughout your body and killed you by only two days."

"Hn. Then I guess I owe a small debt of gratitude to you." Sesshomaru replied nonchalantly.

"Well, I do have something in mind…" Myoga said slyly as he jumped back on Sesshomaru's neck and began to drink the delicious pure dog demon blood.

"I'm losing my patience with you, flee." Sesshomaru let out a warning growl and slapped Myoga away a second time.

Then, he noticed something. "Myoga, where is Rin?"

"Hmm…I think she's helping out Lady Kagome and Lady Sango with some chores. Why do you ask?" Myoga replied.

Sesshomaru took a deep breath and lay back onto the bed. "When you leave, may you find her and tell her to see me?"

Myoga bowed. "Of coarse Lord Sesshomaru." Then, he sprang off, cursing himself under his breath. "Ugh, darn this tiny body of mine!"

After Myoga had left the room, the only thing Sesshomaru could do was be left to his thoughts.