7

Lauren's POV:

I just finished getting questioned by the police and not gonna lie, they were a little skeptical on why I wasn't as sad as I should be.

I'm on my way home to break the news to my family, I really have no idea how they are gonna react.

I'm debating whether if I should tell them that I hired someone to kill my father, but first I'll need their reaction.

"Mom, Chris, Taylor! I'm home!" I yelled as I entered the door.

"Hey Sis. What's wrong? You look live you've seen a corpse." Chris jokes.

"I have some news for you all." I said hesitantly.

"What is it Sweetheart? And why are you do nervous? Is it good or bad news?" My mother questioned.

"I'm not really sure." I say with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well I'm sure it can't be that bad." Taylor says crossing her arms.

"Ok I'm just gonna be blunt. Dad is dead, he died during the party." I deadpanned.

They all stood there silent, processing everything.

Chris and Taylor nodded while mom stood there with a blank expression on her face.

"Good, he deserved it." Taylor says bluntly before walking away.

"Yeah, he has terrorized us from birth. Now Karma got his ass for eternity." Chris adds with a shrug before leaving.

"Mom? Are you ok?" I say hugging her side.

"No." She whispers.

I guess Chris and Taylor heard because they stopped in their tracks and went to comfort our mom.

"I mean, I'm a little sad because he was my first love but he changed over the years so I'm not that upset. I'll get over it." She says with a smile.

You know she isn't lying since she isn't crying or trying to hold in tears.

"H-How did he die?" She asked making everyone turn their attention to me.

"He was murdered. They cut two of his limbs off, drew on his face with a knife, then hung him on the stage for everyone to see." I explained.

Chris narrowed his eyes at me.

"You have that look of guilt on your face when you do something stupid. Lauren what the hell did you do?" Chris asked.

"I may or may not have hired an assassin to kill him." I mumbled.

"Lauren, speak up hunny." My mom's said.

"I hired someone to kill him a couple of days ago." I say bluntly.

"LAUREN WHAT THE FUCK?!" Taylor yelled.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN "WHAT THE FUCK"?! HE'S MADE OUR LIVES A LIVING HELL FOR YEARS AND I WAS SICK OF IT!" I yelled back in defense.

"Oh my fucking god, Lauren you are in deep shit!" Chris said gripping his hair in stress.

"Lauren why the hell did you do that?! We could've just reported him to the police! You took his life Lauren!" My mother says in disappointment.

"If we did we he would just break out of jail or bride the judge or something. Mom we didn't have a way around this. This was the only option. He doesn't bother us anymore, we keep all his money, he gets what he deserves, and I get to take other the business. You know how much that means to me. I love you all too much and I was tired of the pain, I did what I had to do." I say with no guilt in my heart.