seven.

A/N: you know i need those sweet sweet comments

--

He wasn't working out, but he was shirtless. Camila walked in to see Shawn lying on his bed, his shirt off and his guitar laying across his lap.

"Hey, how do you feel?" She asked.

"Not nervous." He closed his eyes. "Ready to rock, or whatever. You?"

"Like I could get used to...hanging out with you." She smiled, watching him blink in surprise, a slight blush on his face. "You need a charge?"

"Let me see..." He grabbed his phone. "Hm. Nope, I'm still in the nineties."

"Oh, okay." She put it back in her pocket. "You still practicing?"

"No, I think I'm okay."

"You wanna come make fun of Marlene's movie with me?"

They sat on the couch, Camila making sure their legs touched. Camila had never actually seen this movie on principle, meaning she and Shawn got to experience it together.

"We should have made this a drinking game." Shawn said about halfway through. "Drink whenever she touches her hair."

"I didn't even notice that." Camila laughed.

"Once I started noticing it, I couldn't unsee it." He laughed.

"...I'm cold."

Shawn grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch and Camila draped it over both of them. She moved closer, her heart pounding as she reached for his hand under the covers.

"Your hand is so warm."

"So is yours."

There was an unmistakable nervousness in his voice and Camila couldn't help but find it adorable. She felt him squeeze her hand back, his fingers interlacing with hers. Camila then laid her head on his shoulder.

They finished the rest of the movie like that, laughing at the cheesiness of it. Camila felt sleepy after a while, dozing in and out as Shawn changed the channel after the movie ended. She opened her eyes to see he'd settled on a hockey game.

"You missed the ending." He nudged her in the shoulder, squeezing her hand. "Marlene and the guy got together..."

"Of course they did." Camila yawned, opening her eyes. "She always gets everything she wants."

Shawn ended up just making a frozen pizza for dinner and their sisters didn't seem to mind. Camila missed meal prepping with him, but she at least knew now that he had to like her back. There was no way he would have just let her lay all over him otherwise.

After dinner, they all put on their coats to walk to the café. Shawn put his guitar case over his back and took a deep breath, putting his hat down over his ears.

"Nervous?" Camila asked.

"Nope." Shawn glanced at Aaliyah who was watching with a smile.

She wanted to hold his hand on the walk there, but decided against it. Sofia was right there and she and Aaliyah kept whispering about something. She really hoped it wasn't about them.

Shawn went to the back to talk to Chuck as Camila and their sisters chose the table closest to the stage. There was already a crowd, most people sipping hot cider or shaking snow from their coats as they hung them on the back of their chairs.

"Psst—Camila!" Marlene took the other seat beside her.

"Hey." Camila looked over. "Get any interesting calls today?"