eleven.

She could breathe again when they stepped into the warmth. Everything had been cold and dark when they left, but there was now a fire burning in the fireplace.

Shawn led her to the hearth rug, and she sat down. He took off her boots for her and put them on the hearth. He took his coat from her shoulders. Camila tried to unzip her own underneath, but her fingers still felt numb with cold.

"I got it." He whispered, reaching for her zipper.

He was so close to her, his fingers sliding the zipper down. She wanted to do something, to say something, but she couldn't.

Shawn hung their coats up, bringing back over the pillows and blanket from the couch. He placed the pillow down and she instantly laid back against it, suddenly aware of how she ached all over with tired. Shawn put the blanket over her as she heard footsteps on the stairs.

She turned to see Sofia and Aaliyah on the stairs, watching her from over the railing. Camila felt her heart breaking. She remembered screaming at Sofia, but now she just wanted to cry.

"Is she okay?" Sofia asked, looking at Shawn.

"She's fine, she's just really cold." He whispered. He went to the stairs and Camila could hear them all talking low, but she couldn't hear what they were saying.

Shawn finally asked them to go back upstairs and they did, both looking at her over their shoulders as they went back up. Shawn came back and straightened the blanket over her body.

"Shawn..." Camila's voice was shaking.

"I'll get you a drink." He got back up and Camila reached out from under the blanket, grabbing his hand.

"Please sit with me."

"I promise I will." He squeezed her hand. "But you need to drink something warm, baby."

Camila let him go, slumping back against the pillows. She pulled the blankets around her, turning to stare into the fire as she heard him in the kitchen.

He came back a moment later, sitting down beside her and handing her a mug of tea. Camila took a sip, suddenly feeling her energy come back as the warmth finally spread to her fingers and toes. She didn't realize how much the cold had dried her throat and she found herself drinking the whole thing.

"How do you feel?" He watched her drink, reaching up to brush her hair back from her face.

"...Warm." Her voice almost broke again. "Please, lay with me."

She put her empty mug down as Shawn sat back against the pillows. Camila crawled between his legs, laying back against his chest, his arms wrapped around her. It reminded her of when they were sledding.

"I—I'm sorry." She whispered, sniffling again. "I swear, I didn't go with him on purpose, he kept following me and—"

"Shh...it's okay, it's not your fault." He brushed her tears with his thumb.

"But it is my fault!" She sat up, her hair falling in her face again. "Max was right about me! I—I kept leading you on and hurting you. I was selfish and using you and—"

"No." Shawn said firmly, placing his hands on the sides of her face, an overly warm and gentle touch. "No, he's not right. I know you, Camila. You never wanted to hurt anyone, that's exactly why you kept pulling back. You're not selfish."

Camila slumped against his chest again, burying her face in his sweatshirt. His scent was overwhelming and warm. Shawn's hand stayed on her back, rubbing up and down.