Un amico

The week flew by before I even noticed.
While the atmosphere of the restaurant was friendly, I still though that maintaining this job would have been very hard, due to my rather goofy nature. While I was partially right, seeing Giorno and the rest every day made it so much easier.
I was looking forward to my "little date" with him more than anything else, but when Saturday actually arrived, I got even more nervous than when I first saw him after all those years.

I have hanged out with a couple of people before, but not because they actually wanted my company; they just pitied me and decided to bring me along.

I had no idea how to dress: not the usual "I have so many clothes, I don't know what to choose!" I was used to just take the first two things I saw in the wardrobe and wear them. It's not like I didn't care about my look, but I've never had someone I wanted to 'impress' or that sort of thing, and it just felt useless to spend so much time on my appearance when nobody was even going to notice.
I didn't even tell my parents about it! How was I supposed to explain that a boy I haven't seen in years asked me to go to a cafe together?
I didn't bother trying to lie to myself: I knew I was completely oblivious when it came to approach others, and denying it would have just made the situation worse.

Looking desperately into my wardrobe to find something appropriate, I felt like God have had mercy on me and decided to send me a little miracle: a dress of my favourite color, decorated with some small ribbons carefully stored on the bottom of wardrobe. It even fitted me well!
I put on a pair of sandals, took a small bag only big enough to fit my phone and wallet, and I fixed my hair as best as I could manage.

Ok ok that part was done, now the real problem was... leaving.
I couldn't just go outside without telling my parents, they would have gotten terribly worried; but if I told them where I was going...that might have taken some more time.
Maybe I could try with a simple:"I'm going for a walk", but they would have definitely noticed my rather "cured" look compared to the usual one.
Alright, worth a shot.

"I um...Am going outside for...a while"
"Why so well dressed today, sweety?"
"I-I uh...wanted to try something different"
"Come on dear, there's no need to lie"
"Well...A friend invited me to hang out"
My parents' expressions both lighted up.
"Really?! What are you still doing here then?"
"You don't want to make your friend wait, right y/n?"
"O-Of course not!"
"Hurry up then"
"Okay...I love you"
"We love you too, tesoro!"

Well, that went...well, to say the least. It made sense, actually; my parents knew about my little..."problems" with people, so they must have gotten very excited when they heard the word 'friend'. I could already imagine all the questions they would have asked me when I came back, but that wasn't the time to think about it.
All I had to do was to focus on my afternoon with Giorno and make sure not to mess it up, it was the occasion of a lifetime for me.

A couple of days ago he had given me his phone number and we decided the details thorough text.
"Bar del fiore, 5 pm."
I've never heard of that bar, but the thing didn't really surprise me: my sense of direction has never been that good.

I didn't want to take any risk, so I followed the GPS of my phone to reach the place, even though it probably was close to my home.
And obviously...it was. Jeez, I should seriously try to memorize some streets. Still, I didn't recognise that cafe at all, I was expecting to think:" Oh, I've seen this place before, I just didn't know how to arrive here".
It was quite small, and there wasn't almost anyone sitting on the tables outside; how did Giorno even know this place?

I walked inside and saw him, he was taking to a man behind the counter.
I didn't want to interrupt, so I just remained on the edge on the door until he was done talking. I probably looked like an idiot just standing there, but hey an idiot is better than a jerk, right? Besides, it's not like there were that many people inside either...
Still, I actually preferred it that way, quiet places made me feel much more comfortable than noisy ones, they gave me a nice sense of peace.