Cercando un regalo

It's been around three weeks since Giorno and I started dating.
After I told him about my parents' very busy work schedule, he made sure that I was never alone every time they weren't home.
While at first, I thought that it was simply what a boyfriend would do, after a while it started to feel like there's was something more to it, like he was genuinely worried something would have gone terribly wrong if he wasn't there.
Probably just me over thinking everything like usual...

My "stuttering problems" even got better! Sure, I still had troubles formulating a phrase without hesitating around someone I wasn't particularly close with, but I think it's a good progress overall!

During my walks with him, I noticed how some people started decorating their balconies with lights even at the end of November, they must really love Christmas.
Well, I can't blame them: it is, no doubt, my favourite time of the year!
The sweets, the presents, the decorations...how can you not love it?

Since when I was a small child, one of the best parts was taking a long walk with my parents through the city to see all the decorations, they always left me speechless and put a smile on my face.
They make everything so much more lively and full of energy...a real joy for the eyes!
And it didn't take long before Giorno noticed too.

"Mh? Tesoro, you've been looking at...something for a while by now, is something bothering you?"
"Oh! Not at all, I just..."

I pointed to a small tree made of lights in front of a shop, there were also a lot of Christmas-theme objects exhibited in the shop window.

"I um...Really love this kind of, you know..."
"You mean Holidays ornaments? They really make the streets shine bright, wouldn't you say so?"
"Yeah! It...sounds childish but, I just feel like there's something so fascinating about them"
"It's not childish at all, I agree, actually. Say, we're already going somewhere for today, but how about we just dedicate next time to admire the lights?"
"That...Sounds lovely"

I didn't even have to tell him anything about it, he didn't know about my family's..."Tradition". How could he be so intuitive all the time?
"It's settled then"

The same day, not even 10 minutes after I got back home, I got a notification on my phone.
Again, not a number that I recognized, I think I know where this is going...

"Yo, Y/N, this is Narancia!"
Called it.
"Soooo...Trish, Mista, Fugo and I are going to buy Christmas presents this Friday! Wanna come?"
"Are you sure you guys want me to join you? I mean, you're all dating, wouldn't I be the...fifth wheel?"
"Of course not! We're not as lovey-dovey as Giorno and you"
"Speaking of Giorno, isn't he coming too?"
"Nope, he said he has some 'really serious business' that he can't delay or something. Same goes for Abbacchio and Bruno"

Well, I can't deny that I've been thinking about what to get Giorno for Christmas for while by now, and I didn't get anything out of it.
He looked like he could have whatever he wanted, what could I possibly give to him that he would genuinely like?
The most obvious choice in this case would be to get him a sweater or something, but it was simply too lame, I needed more, I needed to know that what I did made him happy.
Maybe something would have come into my mind if I actually went shopping, instead of awkwardly staring at my ceiling in the middle of the night thinking about it.

"Thank you, I'd gladly join you"
"Yay! You wanna get something fancy for your boyfriend, don't youuu?"
"Narancia..."
"You do! I knew it"
"Come on"
"Sorry, sorry, but it's almost too easy to tease you, I just can't resist!"
"Where are we going to meet?"
"Ya know the square where you went with Trish? There"
"Alright, at what time?"
"4:01 pm"
"Why not just 4:00pm?"
"We wanted to, but Mista would have gone freaking crazy"
"Oh...he dislikes the number 4, right?"
" 'Dislike' isn't enough to describe it"
"Eheh, I think I get that"
"Gotta go, see ya!"
"Bye Narancia"