Sbalzo d'umore

I let out a scream of terror from the top of my lungs, before rushing to the body and putting both my hands on his chest. Thank God he was still breathing, but I didn't know for how long he would have resisted.

My first instinct was to run away, the exit wasn't too far, I could have called the police and ask for their help.
But Giorno was too heavy for me to even lift him up, there was no way I could ever make it with these guys blocking the way. If I was alone, maybe it would have worked, but this would have meant abandoning him, and I'd rather succumb to whatever they had in mind for me than living with this weight on my consciousness.

I heard my voice cracking really bad.
"G-Giorno...Wake up...I...I can't l-lose you...Please...Please..."

I could see my tears falling right into his horrible wound, which had no intention to stop bleeding.

"I...I miss y-you so m-much...D-Don't leave me all a-alone...Not again..."

I looked up and saw the man staring at the the two of us. There was a huge bruise on his face, it looked like the kind of wound that you'd get from a pretty intense punch.
His companions got up from where they were sitting and were now standing right beside him.

"Jeez dude, we told you not to drag any unnecessary attention, look at this mess"
"Shut up, how was I supposed to know that this guy would have just showed up out of nowhere?"
"Still, killing two people may be a bit too risky, what do we do now?"
"Well, I doubt anyone else will 'come to her rescue', maybe we could keep her as an hostage or something, what do you think, kid?"

I couldn't run...I couldn't move...I couldn't do anything.

Maybe if I just did what they said, they would have let Giorno go? He saved my life, I had to do anything I could to protect him now.
But I...I didn't want to. I was tired of being others' little puppet, of everyone taking advantage of me. The time I spent with the boy made me realize something: I mattered. I was a person just like anybody else, no-one had the right to tell me what to do and what not. I had to take a step, and repay Giorno for what he did.
There was another way...I could feel it, I just had to find it. Enough with being a pushover, I'll show everyone that I can be strong too!

"...No"
"Uh? What did you say?"
I looked at him right in the eyes.
"I said....NO"
The four of them started laughing in my face.
"Pfft, what is it? The little princess is trying to be scary? Don't make me laugh kid. Honestly, what are you planning on doing? You're all on your own...defenseless and harmless just like a puppy. I must admit: you've got some guts talking back like that, but do you think that's gonna get you very far?"

I didn't say anything in return. Despite how much I didn't want to admit it, he was right: I was clearly the one at disadvantage here. Four men, probably all equipped with some sort of weapon, against one single girl. It couldn't be considered a fair fight no matter how you looked at it.

"No answer, not that I am surprised"
"Well, her little friend here wasn't much smarter, did he seriously think that taking the hit instead of her would have been useful?"
"Haha, you're right, what an idiot!"
"Aw, he probably just wanted to impress the little girl here, how stupid"
"I didn't think someone could starve so much for attention"
"It's not just attention, this dumbass was straight up crazy!"

"Stop...It..."

"Don't whisper, if you have something to say, say it out loud!"
"I...I don't care about what you want to do with me, you could stab me, punch me, keep me as an hostage or whatever you have in mind.
But...I won't let you disrespect Giorno like that!"
"Just quit it already with this act, your 'precious Giorno' is bleeding to death, you've lost. But you know what? I like this fake courage you have, I'll give you another minute to think about a way to escape, then..."
He pointed his knife in my direction.
"You're going to join your friend in the afterlife"