Ch. 19

Y/n’s Pov.

Time passed by quickly, and 3rd period ended.
It was time for music class, and the 4th period teacher came in.

“Welcome to another day of music class.
Today, I’ll be assigning a big project that you’ll need to do in pairs. I’ll be assigning those pairs, so don’t complain about who you get partnered up with.” 

The students let out sounds of complaint.

“You guys should be thanking me, I’m getting you guys ready for the real world. Well, I’ll explain the project to you guys fast, so you guys can go to planning early. 
You guys will have to write lyrics-”

The students let out even more sounds of complaint, interrupting the teacher.

“Guys, let me finish. This is a fun project that I prepared for you guys! You guys will be picking a song from any artist. Anything school appropriate is great, and pick songs that have various melodies. You’ll be rewriting the lyrics of two parts of that song, and performing it in front of your classmates. Remember, this is a duet, so you guys are going to be graded on harmony, and your ability to work with your partner. The lyrics are due on Friday, and the performance will be on Monday. Sounds good? Also, there will be extra credit if one of you play an instrument for the performance, or if you do more than two parts of the song. This is a very big project, everyone! Like a test. So do not give up on it.”

Really, no one seemed to be excited.

“Come on, if you guys want an easier assignment, then go back to middle school.”

The students stopped making noises. 

“Alright, I’m going to start assigning partners now.”

Anyone was fine with Y/n, except for that one boy starting with H. She’ll have to restart her life if she gets assigned with him. She was just silently praying.

“Minny with Yeri,” The teacher called out.
Y/n and Yeri exchanged glances, and Yeri pouted.

“Yoojin with Mina,”

“Jisung with Yooa,”

The teacher went on, and it was finally Y/n’s turn.

“Y/n and Hyunjin,”

Her heart sank.

Hyunjin? Hyunjin?? This has to be a dream.

Yeri looked at Y/n, and gave her the look of “Poor you.”

By the time Y/n was done overthinking about the project, the teacher was done calling out the pairs.

“Alright, get with your partners and start planning. I’d suggest picking a song today, and work on the lyrics tomorrow.”

The students started moving. Y/n was wondering if she was to move to him, or if he was going to move to her. She glanced at him, and he was just sitting there, bored.

I guess I’m moving there. 

With her stomach having an earthquake, she managed to walk all the way over to him and sat next to him.
She played with her nails, and picked on them.

“..so..”

“What song,” he said, resting his back against the back of the chair, and crossing his arms.

What song? ..
Oh, what song. Uh… 

“I don’t know, you can choose,” Y/n decided it’s best if she let him pick.

“I don’t listen to music,” he replied. “You need to decide.”

“Oh, uh, alright,” Y/n started brainstorming a bunch of songs in her head, and a song that came up was My Universe by Stray Kids.